Chapter VII - The Chariot

The academy is back open and our plan to sneak inside the Restricted Section is going to action. And that plan is horrendous.

Molly being the distraction, Innes guarding the door, and Ollie and I checking The Restricted Section out for ourselves.

"Hi!" Molly smiles at the librarian, Ms.Sage.

Ms.Sage stares at Molly, her eyebags darker than usual. " . . . "

Me, Ollie, and Innes ducks and sprints to The Restricted Section. Innes stops and looks around, hands clasped with her balance swinging side to side.

"What do you want?" Ms.Sage spits.

Molly leans against the wooden counter. "Can I see the borrow receipt from last month?"

"No."

She pouts. "Aw. Please?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because."

Molly peeks over the table. "Hm. It must be here somewhere . . ."

Ms.Sage pushes her head out of the way, clearly annoyed. "I know what you kids are up to. You want to go to The Restricted Section and see what happened."

"What?" Molly furrows her brows. "How? I just want to see the borrowed receipt."

Ms.Sage looks our way before Molly yanks her face away. She staggers as she grabs the first thing she sees. She snatches a glass bottle and smashes it on her head, water, and glass splashing down her.

"Ahh!" She dramatically wails in agony and covers her face. "Ms.Sage!"

Everybody looks at her and starts whispering, scaring Ms.Sage's reputation.

Molly cries fake tears as Ms.Sage panics and tries to calm her. "H-hey!"

Innes covers her mouth in embarrassment as Ollie watches her in amazement. Sometimes, I don't know what's going on in Molly's brain. That girl is smart in all the wrong ways.

I catch a glimpse of Neon, Astra, and Luka standing side by side. Their prefect badges glistened. All three of them looked concerned and paused in thought for a moment. Neon opened her mouth in awe, trying not to laugh out loud, while checking her friend's reaction before they rushed to help.

Me and Ollie ran into The Restricted Section while a huge commotion unfolded behind us. Molly took the distraction too far . . . now I'm worried for her.

The room is filled with bright yellow caution tape and evidence cones. This was serious.

I bring out my camera and snap some shots.

I notice scratch marks on the ground, seems like he was dragged across the floor.

We sneak around the room and the more we linger, the more we feel TBB's presence.

I snap a picture of where his body was found, on top of a shelf. It's almost like I can feel TBB behind me.

"Do you feel that?" Ollie asks me, his voice slightly scared.

I sigh. "Him?"

"Yeah." He looks around. "I can feel him. It's like . . . he's here. With us."

In the corner of my eye, a hazy figure stood. Brunette hair, brown blazer, brown pants, white shirt. I turned my head but . . . nobody was there.

The door suddenly creeks open.

And when I tell you my heart dropped.

Ollie and I anxiously and quickly hid behind a shelf in panic. Who could possibly be at the door?