"I want to be normal for him"

Aron made it his mission to check up on Harry every day. He knew Harry's schedule by heart, so he made sure to call Harry during his breaks, just in case. Surprisingly, Harry was cooperative.

However, today when Aron called Harry at 8 a.m, he didn't answer. Aron waited half an hour for a message and called again.

But there was still no answer.

Aron tried not to get lost in the worst-case scenarios. He did his best to keep his cool, though his hands were sweating with fear. So he did the only logical thing.

After god knows how long, Aron arrived at Harry's apartment. Without so much as a knock or a warning, Aron made his way through the front door.

The sight in front of him shocked him more than the fact that the front door was unlocked again. Harry was sitting in the living room with a pile of wrapping paper and some envelopes surrounding him. From the looks of it, he was doing some calculations.

Not wanting to startle Harry, Aron whispered Harry's name.

He didn't budge though. "Harry? Can you hear me?" Aron sat down in front of Harry, and this time he got his attention.

"Ohhhh! Don't look!" Harry tried to hide everything that was on the floor. "Tell me you didn't see anything!" you could see the panic in his eyes.

Before Aron could say anything, "Aron, you saw nothing!" and with that, Harry took some stuff off the floor and rushed to his bedroom.

"I didn't see anything Harry, don't worry." He was so focused on Harry himself that he didn't notice the Christmas gifts he was wrapping.

While Harry was in his room, doing heavens know what, Aron went through some papers that were on the floor.

Lots and lots of receipts from pharmacies, an eviction notice from his landlord. It was safe to say that Harry was deep in debt and he was this close to getting kicked out from his flat.

And what he is doing with his money? Buying gifts for people.

"Don't worry about those. I have a lot of savings." Harry came out of his room, blushing with embarrassment.

He had enough savings for his medications and therapy sessions, but it was either that or getting kicked out of his house.

Aron did not need to know about that though.

Even though Aron hated to pry, he couldn't help but to ask, "Are you sure? This is a lot of money. I can help-"

"No! it's fine. I don't need help. Don't worry!"

There were standing awkwardly in the middle of the living room when Aron noticed Harry's clothes were covered in paint. And aside from that, the house smelled strongly of thinner.

"I didn't know you were into painting! Can I see your work?" that was just an excuse to check out Harry's room. Cause he just knew something was not adding up.

Harry didn't react as fast as he had hoped and Aron was in his room before he could stop him.

And nothing could've prepared Aron for what he saw. The whole room was covered in different color of paint. Green and yellow screaming in his face the most though.

The walls, the windows, the headboard.... Everything.

"Alright Harry... you are scaring me."

"It's not what it looks-"

"He is having an episode. What should I do?" At this point, Aron was talking to himself. He was scared. He was prepared for this day though. He knew there might be a time when he would have to put Harry in a mental institution. He did his research thoroughly.