"Zayn Malik at a gay club!"

"I miss you, can we FaceTime before going to bed?"

Zayn accidently opened that text message, he kept staring at it, knowing well that with plans he had for the night, there was no way he could call Harry. So he didn't, not till he was sure Harry was already sleeping when he called, 11:30 pm, Harry being a teacher always slept at 10, so no way he was awake at this time, he let it rang 2 times before hanging up. Now when Harry wakes up to a missed call he won't be angry with him.

This plan always worked.

Well, Almost always. not this time. no.

Harry was wide awake, writing questions for the next quiz when he saw his phone ringing, the smile on his face disappeared the second it lit up his face, Zayn didn't wait for him to pick up.

"What the fuck?" Harry mumbled not knowing if he should call him back or not.

He was wide awake anyway, so ran his fingers through his hair trying to style them a little, straightened his t-shirt and called him.

The one thing they both had in common in that moment was how their hearts was beating in their mouth when the name of their 'lover' appeared on their phone.

One from excitement, one from stress.

Why stress? there we had Zayn sitting in VIP section of a gay club flirting with a tall, handsome stripper guy who looked like he could give him a great time in bed tonight, when his phone vibrated in his pocket.

"I need to take this, sorry!"

Bathroom stall was not an option, he couldn't hide there, every corner of the club was loud and filled with drunk dudes grinding on each other.

His only option was to run out of the club. He knew if he rejected Harry's call again he would be in so much trouble.

Niall did tell him to stay low for a couple of days, he should've listed to his advice, there was no coming out of this mess though.

It took too long for Zayn to sit in his car, long enough for Harry to give up, but this time, Zayn called him back.

"Hi!" Harry smiled the second he saw Zayn's face on the screen.

Zayn's hair was a mess but he was trying to tame them and act like he just pulled over to answer Harry.

"Hi, I thought you were sleeping." the smile on Zayn's face was almost uncontrollable, at that very moment all he wanted was a long cuddle till the sunrise on Harry's bed.

"No, not yet, why are you in your car? Going somewhere?" Harry laid on his side admiring Zayn's beauty.

Zayn was quiet for a moment, taking a deep breath, "I was going crazy in that house, I needed some fresh air." And that was not a lie, he gets lonely, his thoughts suffocate him when he doesn't have someone to fill the void he was feeling every night.

"Oh," Harry frowned, his heart aching to hug his baby till he feels better, "do you feel ok now?"

"Now that I'm looking at you, yeah." That wasn't a lie, Harry felt like home, he was his anchor to bring him back to himself.

Before Harry can keep the small talk going, Zayn cursed, "fuck, paparazzis!"

"Great, tomorrows headline, Zayn Malik at a gay club!" Zayn was talking to himself, thinking why he didn't move the car before calling Harry.

"You are at a gay club?" Harry's heart dropped at the confession, no wonder why he answered him so late.

"What? No! I'm outside of a gay club! This isn't even my car! How did they recognize me?"

"Oh," that's all Harry could come up with. One part of him believed what Zayn said. Yeah he was driving and he happened to be near a gay club, the other part though was screaming at him for being this naïve, like, right, this was just pure accident.

"I mean, who cares? Celebrities are allowed to go to clubs too." Harry smiled. it wasn't a big deal, was it?

All Zayn could do was to stare at Harry. Suddenly he felt nauseous, as if he was mean to a child and instead of crying the kid gave him one of his candies. he wanted to yell at Harry to stand up for himself, it was crazy how Harry was willing to believe what Zayn just said to keep them together.

"Everyone knows that I'm not single, Niall 's gonna be pissed." Yeah the world knew Zayn wasn't single, no one knew who was that lucky person though.

Niall always had to make sure Zayn does not make it public that he was a cheater which was a hard task considering how reckless he was. Zayn was just hoping no one recognized him inside of the club.

Before Harry can come up with something to calm Zayn down, Zayn told him he should go to bed, "we'll talk later, yeah?"

Harry nodded, "yeah, I love you."

"You too." The call ended like that.

You too, it echoed in Harry's head, you too what? Was it so hard for him to say I love you properly now?

It was 13 minutes after midnight when Harry remembered about his pills, he was 13 minutes late for taking them, but if he did take those right now he wouldn't be able to finish the quiz, he wouldn't be able to think. He didn't want to be numb for a day, he just needed to feel, he wanted to be normal for once.

The quiz was just an excuse at this point.

A smile showed up on his face when he finally finished the task, he decided to take some time to listen to Zayn's music to sleep better maybe. Bad decision though. All Harry could think was how Zayn didn't feel the same anymore, how not a single one of the songs in his albums was for him. Suddenly it started to hurt too much, it's been so long since Harry felt this way, those pills never allowed him to be aware of himself. But now every emotion was too loud.

He tried to shut his brain off with every trick he knew. From counting sheep to slowing down his breathing. It just wouldn't work, he was wide awake and in pain, not just emotionally, physically too, he was used to those pills for years and this sudden change of habit was not doing him any favors.

For a second, he thought about taking a pill so he could sleep but he hated being this dependent on chemicals.

The tossing and turning lasted long enough for him to see the sun rise, the bodyache was too strong for him try to get out of the bed though, so he did the only logical thing.

Taking another day off.

The plan of the day was to get better, to meet his doctor for new prescription. He just had to find the motivation to get out of the bed first.  

*******
Hey lovely people!

I tried to be faster this time, hope you enjoy it!
Let me know what you think!

Thanks for reading!

Love you all!