"What friends?"

It's not like Aron had to stay alone for too long in the middle of really curious crowd of teachers who didn't know how to give someone space, but that 10 minutes of Harry leaving him was enough to know that becoming a teacher is going to be so much harder than he imagined. the more he thought about it the worst he felt.

The best he could do was to just distract himself with his phone. And to pray. Pray that Harry would come back soon. He was the youngest person he could hang out with and he just needed to feel like he belonged.

Harry, on the other hand, decided to take a trip to the restroom at the end of the hall on the top floor. He wanted to go back to the little party at first, but then, he knew he wasn't gonna enjoy it. So the quiet restroom sounded so much better, no one is ever there, kids say it's hunted, but eh, Harry prefers to have ghosts as his company at the moment. He just needed to wash his face, and maybe cry a little.

I mean, every alarm in his mind was going off about the situation. He knew something was off with Zayn, he knew it wasn't normal for him to just start smoking weed in front of Harry. It wasn't his Zayn anymore and that scared Harry. He didn't want to be too much, he didn't want to be possessive, but when he looked at his reflection in the mirror, the Harry who was staring back at him was not someone he wanted to be.

He just had to make sure, so he called Niall. He was a puppy. He couldn't lie.

So Harry just made sure no one else was in the restroom and he called Niall, a video call. He had to see his face.

And Niall being clueless that he has to testify, picked up on the third ring, cheerful as always.

"Hi Harry! What's up- wait man. Are you ok?" See? He just knows something is wrong. all Harry could think about at that very moment was, why did he have to be straight? Dating him would've been so much easier.

Harry really tried to push the tears away, to keep his poker face and act like he is just calling to check up on him, but no. It was just way too much.

So he let a couple of tears drop, he shook his head, "I'm so sorry Niall- I-"

"Did you two have a fight again?" Niall tried to read into Harry's actions. He knew what happened last night at Zayn's house. he knew he had to tell Harry, but he just couldn't break whatever was left of him. He could punch some sense into Zayn's brain later.

Harry shook his head, it wasn't necessarily a fight, "No, he just- he is acting weird, and he was smoking weed right in front of me Niall," He took a deep breath. Niall patiently waited for him to continue, "Ni- he knows I hate those stuff. He knows sick they make me feel! Why did he have to do it? He answered me so late Ni. Just tell me, What happened last night?"

Before Niall could try to come up with a lie, Harry continued, "Just don't lie, yeah? You know I'll know if you lie."

So lying was not an option, "Nothing Harry. Just us and a couple of his other friends hanged out last night at his place. We stayed up all night. Probably that's the reason he woke up late. We know how he loves his beauty sleep." It wasn't exactly a lie, but it wasn't the whole truth either.

"What friends?"

Now, Harry is not someone you could just fool, "I didn't know them, Harry." And he really didn't know them. And he was happy that he didn't have to lie about that.

"oh." That was all Harry said, cause right now, he felt like shit for giving Zayn a hard time over nothing, "God, he hates me." Harry mumbled, tears pooling in his eyes again. He so wanted to shut his phone off and just cry in peace, but he didn't want to be rude to Niall too. "I'm such a dick. He has every right to stay away from me-"

"Harry don't- don't beat yourself up over this." But whatever Niall said, it wouldn't work. Harry felt like he was the reason why their relationship was so damaged. Turns out they were not as unbreakable as they thought they were back when they were 16.

Harry was so deep in conversion with Niall that he didn't notice another person entering the restroom. Aron.

"Oh, shit! I'm sorry. I didn't know-" Aron started apologizing the second he saw Harry sitting on the countertop and crying his eyes out to his phone. He thought no one else uses this restroom, it was the only place that he used to come and think. Or cry when he was still a student, he used to think it was his hideout. But turns out he was not the only on to find this unusable place somehow calming.

Harry jumped off the counter, saying bye to Niall. Trying so hard to clear the tears off his face, he was not too successful though, his eyes were too puffy and red to hid.

"No- No it's ok, I was just leaving-" he was about to walk pasted Aron when he grabbed Harry's arm.

"Don't. I came here to cry, there is nothing to be embarrassed about." Harry turned around to look at him. He seemed legit.

"Are you ok? It's your first day. Why are you upset?" and Harry was in his usual teacher mode. He felt responsible to make sure his former student was ok.

Without anyone saying anything, they both decided to just sit on the counter and just talk.

Aron decided to go first. He felt like whatever Harry was going through was too personal to just share with some stranger, "I thought coming back here would be so much more than what it is now."

Harry chuckled, "A bunch of middle-aged people gushing over you and making you feel like you are a baby?"

With a long pause, Aron stared at him, "Exactly! and the students think I'm just another student! Like a kid slapped my shoulder and said 'Welcome to our school new kid'."

Harry burst out laughing, "Ok this one didn't happen to me!"

Aron smiled. Harry's laugh always made him feel better, even as a kid, he used to just wait for Harry's class all day, and stare at him crack some jokes in the class. His jokes were not the best, but his smile would just shine up his face and that would just lift the mood of the entire class.

They stayed in silence for a while, both knew they had to go to their classes right now, but it wasn't like students would be sad if they would start teaching a bit later.

It was obvious to Harry that Aron just wanted to know why he was crying, with a sigh, he decided to give him some explanation. He couldn't really tell him who he was dating. Zayn wanted it to be a secret. He could still give him something though, "Me and my boyfriend- um- we are having a little bit of a hard time."

Aron was quiet, wanted to make sure Harry was done talking, "I'm so sorry to hear that. You are an amazing person Harry, I'm sure he will realize that soon." He didn't know how to give relationship advice, he was single his whole life. He never had to gut to come out anyway.

"I'm not. I know he deserves more than I could give him. I know what I am is not enough." He let another tear slip away. He was a teacher with a very normal, boring life, of course it wasn't enough for someone like Zayn Malik.

Aron didn't know the guy, but he felt like punching whoever made this amazing person cry. "Harry you might say I don't know you, but I do. I've learned so much from you and all I can tell you is that you are more than enough, and if he can't see that, he needs to get his brain checked!" he was really angry and he was not trying to make jokes, but it made Harry smile, so he was content. He couldn't really punch Harry's boyfriend, but he could at least make him happy?

"And people say my jokes are bad. Come on, we are too late for the class." He kept the door open for Aron to leave first.

At the end of the hallway, they had to part ways, but deep down both knew they found someone to lean on. A friend who would be there for them.

And from the roller-coaster that they call their lives, they really needed someone like that.

************************

hey beautiful people!

I'm so sorry for the late update, but I've been really busy lately, i will try to be faster next time!

hope you enjoyed this, if you know my work, its gonna be a slow but exciting ride, so stick with me, I'm sure you wont regret it!

thanks for reading!

love you all!