"I'll be gentle, I promise"

You know when you are so bored that you subconsciously go through very harsh memories as if you must make yourself feel something other than boredom? That was the case for Zayn at the moment. He was in a studio, which was getting too warm for Zayn to handle. He sat there waiting for his producer to tell him he was done for today. He was working on his new album that was supposed to come out for Christmas. But there was so much left to do that he wasn't sure it would be ready for next week.

After about 10 minutes of staring at the walls and waiting, he decided to piss himself off a bit.

Just for the hell of it.

And he had nothing better to do.

So.

First, he checked Twitter, but he just ghosted around like always. Making sure he wouldn't accidentally fave something. But he got bored with all the racist things people always said about him. He was used to it at this point. The next best thing was going through his gallery.

He knew it was not a very good idea to go back through all his memories when it was obvious he was gonna go rigid. He was angry at his life and whoever made him live it like this. The pictures showed him what a double life he was living. On the one hand, he was the rich celebrity who could've done whatever he wanted with whomever he desired. On the other hand, he was tied down by a teacher who didn't know how to have fun.

The teacher who was there with him through every step of his life, someone Zayn almost certainly knew better than anyone.

But did Harry know him the way Zayn wanted to? The way Zayn needed to be recognized?

Zayn hovered his finger over the folder of pictures of Harry and himself. Even though every ounce of his being was screaming to just delete the whole folder and be done with this relationship, he just couldn't do it. He put his elbows on his thighs and rested his forehead on his palms with a heavy sigh. Yep, it wasn't a good idea. Why it had to be this hard? His heart filled with anxiety as he thought about confronting Harry. So he just closed the app and went to his contacts to find a good fuck for the night.

He called the agency that provides him with pro hookers and asked them for his regular. That guy never disappoints.

After he was done with the call his mood instantly lifted.

"Wipe that smirk off your face, will ya?" it was Niall's voice who just came to the studio to talk with the producers and take Zayn home.

"What's gotten your panties in a twist?" Zayn laughed at Niall's annoyed face.

"Your existence," Niall said with a raised eyebrow which successfully removed the smirk and replaced it with a frown.

"That was not funny," Zayn mumbled as he followed Niall to the car.

"Maybe 'cause I wasn't joking?" Niall tried to keep the poker face on.

"Knock it off." Zayn huffed as he sat in the backseat of the car and decided to ignore Niall's being for the rest of the ride.

"So, when will you help me with Christmas shopping?" It was Niall who broke the deadly silence.

Even though Niall was not a fan of Zayn's choices in other fields, he absolutely adored his gift ideas.

"Not tonight. I have plans," Zayn mumbled. His head resting on the cold window. Watching the world surrounding him. The families walk around, shopping, holding hands, and laughing. Like genuine happiness. Something he hasn't felt in a long while.

Niall was almost sure that was envy in Zayn's eyes.

"Plans. My ass." Niall chuckled bitterly.

"It does include ass, just not your ass."