"I swear, I'm not crazy"

Throughout the day, Harry was in a daze. he was doing his job as perfectly as he possibly could, teaching math. however, it was all done subconsciously, on autopilot. physically he was there, but his mind was wandering around, suggesting different scenarios where he never apologized or where Zayn didn't want to accept his apology. What if Zayn wanted to break up with him because of this? the thought of him being mad at Harry for too long was messing with him, he got distracted a couple of times, not too much to affect his teaching, but enough for the kids to talk about it later.

And boy, they made sure to let everyone know how Mr. Styles was not feeling like himself today, rumors were flying around the school and soon enough, it was the only thing the students were excited to talk about, the principal did not like what he was hearing at all, So he called Harry in, just to see how he was doing, he was a very serious middle-age man, Serious, but with the kindest blue eyes you could ever find in a human being, he was also very classy, no one ever saw him in anything other than suits at school.

"Hello, Mr. Novak, you asked to see me?" Harry asked after he walked into the office.

"come in Mr. Styles, please, take a seat." He gave Harry a simple nod as a greeting, his blue eyes searching into Harry's soul. At least that was how Harry felt.

Mr. Novak waited for Harry to relax in his seat, observed him a little, Harry looked a bit pale but nothing close to what he was imagining, "honestly, from what I've heard from the kids, I thought you won't be able to even walk here."

A frown formed on Harry's face, his green eyes trying so hard to avoid the curiosity in the icy orbs of his boss, "Sir, I have no idea what you are talking about,"

There was pin-drop silence in the office, the principal observing Harry making sure he was ok, "are you taking your medications, Mr. Styles?" so as the principal, he had to make sure Harry won't have an episode in his school, he hired Harry way before he was diagnosed and when he knew about his condition, he wanted to replace him, but Harry's problem was not dangerous, so he decided to give the boy a chance, after all, it's not like he chose to be like this, but he promised himself to fire Harry the second he slipped, he couldn't risk the kids' educations and future here.

Harry was shocked at the question, he was feeling a bit moody but not enough for them to think he was skipping his medications, "Yes, Sir, there is no need to worry, I'm just going through a rough time, that's all."

Again, the room was quiet, Mr. Novak liked Harry, and he knew the students loved him for his cheery personality, for his fun classes and well, mostly easy exams, he needed to make sure he won't lose a good teacher, "Alright, that's great, but I still need you to take a day off."

"Mr. Novak I can assure you-"

"it's not up for discussion, I just want what's best for this school, take a day off, sort your issues and come back when you feel like yourself again."

After that, Harry tried to convince the principal to at least let him finish his classes for the day, but no, he had to leave, and when he left, even the teachers were talking about him, no one had ever seen him this shaky before, some were already making assumptions about him, and some got concerned. some like Aron, who didn't have any more classes and wanted to go home, just made a mental note to call Harry soon and make sure he was doing alright, but before anything, he needed some caffeine in his system.

The nearest coffee shop was almost empty, it was the middle of the day after all and people were either at work, school, or chilling at home, he ordered a cup of Americano coffee and waited for them to call him when his order was ready, that's when he saw Harry sitting on the corner of the coffee shop alone on a booth, staring at a bottle of meds with a frown on his face. Aron was debating if he should approach Harry or not, he seemed really stressed and Aron just wanted to make sure he was okay.

"Hey, Harry," he almost whispered, Harry looked on the verge of breaking into tears, he didn't want to shake him up even more.

Harry quickly hid the small bottle in his jacket and gave Aron the best fake smile he could sum up, "oh, hey, what are you doing here?" Aron was about to answer him when Harry started talking again, "sorry! didn't mean to sound rude! I'm happy to see you but it's the middle of the day-"

He was running out of breath, his cheeks were rosy and his eyes showed how drained of energy he was, so Aron sat in front of him with a smile, trying to act cool, "it's ok Harry, no worries, how are you though?" he asked, trying not to eye his jacket.

Harry smiled again, nodding his head, "I'm alright, just needed some rest." But Harry's smile didn't reach his eyes, no dimples, and from that, Aron knew he was lying.

"so you won't mind if I hang here for a bit longer and finish my coffee?"

Harry shook his head faking another smile, maybe having him there would help him stop overthinking, but he had to excuse himself to go to the restroom.

Harry locked the door and took the bottle out of his jacket, he eyed the thing, trying to remember if he took them on time, he was sure he did, but he couldn't remember doing it, he could try to count the pills, though, his hands were so shaky and it was useless because he couldn't remember how many pills was supposed to be in the bottle to begin with, so he decided to take them anyway, he knew he took his pill last night, but the morning one? The one he had to take at 12? The doctor didn't tell him what to do in a situation like this, or maybe he did and Harry couldn't remember?

he decided to take the two together and pray to God that he could make a decent conversation with Aron and not make a fool out of himself, he waited a couple of minutes in the restroom for the pills to start working.

Aron was sipping his coffee when Harry walked out of the restroom, he fixed his hair and sat in front of him, he looked pale, well, more than he already was when he left, and Aron wanted to ask him if he was alright again but Harry looked like he might snap at him any second.

Somehow he felt worse after taking the pills, maybe he shouldn't have taken two of them at once.

"do you need anything? I can order something-" Harry cut him off, "no, leave it, I'll be ok." He forced another smile, but Aron could see how lifeless he looked all of the sudden.

There was a cold rush in Harry's blood like his body couldn't find a good rhythm to work with, his hands started to get shaky, and he knew his blood pressure is going lower and lower, but even the thought of eating something was making sick, his whole focus was to even his breathing, he did not look very successful in that either.

And Aron knew from the look of his face that he needed some sugar in his system, "Imma get you some muffins-"

"I said no! damn it!" Harry raised his voice, Aron flinched in his seat, looking around to see if anyone else noticed, some employees gave him a look, alarmed, making sure no one would get hurt.

A cold layer of sweat rose on Harry's forehead when he realized what he had done, Aron was staring back at him with his big brown eyes, like a scared puppy, "oh my god, I- I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to yell!" and in seconds, he was crying, he had zero control over his tears, "I don't know why I yelled, these pills were supposed to work!" then he slapped a hand over his mouth. He didn't want anyone to know. No one.

Aron was just frozen in his seat, not knowing what to do, and that was scaring Harry even more, "I'm not crazy, I swear, I'm not crazy," he mumbled, trying to find his car keys so he could just run away.

Harry was about to unlock his car when Aron reached to him, "you can't drive like this Harry, " he was scared of Harry's reactions, but he couldn't let him do this, Harry wasn't able to control his breathing, let alone to drive a car.

Harry was slightly taller, a bit buffer, but way out of it to fight Aron, two pills together was too strong for him, his brain felt like cotton candy, there was no way he could make a decision for himself, though, he was sober enough to trust his former student, so he let Aron drag him to his car, help him sit on the passenger seat, he waited for Aron to fasten his seat belt for him, and that was the last thing he saw before falling into a deep slumber.

*********

Hey beautiful people!
Its too late at night and I couldn't shut my brain off and go to sleep without publishing this.

Hope you all enjoyed.
Votes and comments are really appreciated!

Thanks for reading! Love you all!