19) Our Escape

Waiting for tonight, I sat on my bed while wondering how this would all turn out. If we take them do we have to take everyone? And what was it that Minnie was talking about? Would it change anything about the future? What could do that now?

With a sigh, I figured that I may as well get a move on early. While we were supposed to wait for another hour to meet I physically couldn't. I just needed someone. I needed Aris.

Grabbing the key, I took off the vent cover from under my bed and got on my hands and knees. Crawling under it, I squeezed into the tight space and made my way to his room. Even if it was just for a little bit, I had to see him alone before I lost it.

Thinking back, I wondered how I ended up so attached. Especially to someone who ended up indirectly bringing nothing but trouble. I mean the chaos that unfolded with him literally killed some of the Icers.

But it would never be his fault. Ever.

Before I knew it I had thought of him so much that I was there. As I went to shove the vent out I saw him staring right back at me. Quickly pulling it off, he helped me out.

"What are you doing here?"He asked.

"I just had to see you. Not for any reason. Just because it's just been a while since I have. I mean I saw you at lunch, but it wasn't like it usually is. That's obvious because we don't share a room anymore, but you get the picture. Or I hope so because this would be weird if you didn't. It's just that I know that it's stupid, but I missed you and-"
Without a word he cut me off with a hug. Hugging back as tightly as I could, I kept my arms around his neck while his were on my waist. Closing my eyes, I held on like I would die if I let go.

"Trust me. The feeling is more than mutual,"He assured me. Pulling away, we kept our hands where they were. "I was just going to see you too. Just for a little bit,"He admitted. With it being natural now I kissed his cheek before pulling away. Staying still, I watched him smile before his eyes glanced at my lips. Doing the same, I thought about the first time this had happened.

I know that it's dangerous. I know that there may not be any kind of happy ending here. I know that it could ruin what we have, but if he's right there why wouldn't I try?

Debating it, just as I was about to lean in and risk it all someone said, "ow," making us pull apart. Looking back, we saw Minnie, Minho, and Newt under the bed, with Minnie glaring at Minho before slapping the back of his head.

"Damnit, you ruined it,"She snapped as he rubbed where she had hit him.

"It's not that big of a deal to not see a couple kiss,"He grumbled.

"You don't understand. They constantly deny their feelings, and this was going to be their get together. You ruined it though."

"Well, it's not like they're going to deny it forever. I mean look at that chemistry,"Newt added.

"We're right here,"I reminded them.

"Yeah, and idiots. You were clearly about to kiss,"She complained.

"Nobody was going to kiss,"Aris argued, the tips of his ears turning red.

"Ahh yes. I too stare right into my mate's eyes with my arms around them and lean in to lock lips. It's my favorite activity,"Newt chipped in.

"There's no kissing going on,"I said firmly, leaving out the because of them part.

"Wait, what are you guys doing here?"Aris pointed out.

"What is she doing here?"Minnie shot back.

"Am I not allowed to miss my . . . friend?"I trailed off.

"Friend, boyfriend, soulmate, the ending's probably going to be the same,"Minho shrugged.