Run, boy, run

" thanks for coming," percy said as annabeth walked in" this isn't the same for me, as it is for you," annabeth said as medusa came into the room, turing our backs again"

" why?"

"You were worried i would hold a grudge on you for being the daughter of athena, you shouldn't be. We're not our parents after all," medusa said coming out of the kitchen"

"And you and i might have mire things in common then you think." She added as we all look at annabeth"

"Please, sit and eat"

"So you're not a monster, what are you then," percy asked as he still didn't look at medusa"

"A survivor."

"You must be a little bit more then that," percy said as annabeth was still denying to sit"there's a fury out there that seems terrified of you," he added" because she knows what i think of her," medusa said turning around to sit"

"I don't like bullies. When one shows up on my doorstep, they end up spending a lot more time there than they had planned for," medusa said as priscilla turned her head to annabeth who was still being stubborn" the gift the gods gave me is that i can't be bullied anymore," medusa said as annabeth scoffed"

" annabeth, don't" Priscilla said knowing what annabeth was going to say"

"What my mother did to you wasn't a gift, it's a curse,"Annabeth said snarking back at woman"you are loyal to your mother," medusa said almost understanding the girl"

"Yes"

"You stand by her?"

"Always"

"You love her?" Medusa said as annabeth become more inpatient with the woman"of course, i do," annabeth said raising her voice slightly"and so did i," medusa said as Priscilla made a confused face"

"Do you know the story of how i came to be this way?" Medusa asked as grover stuck up his hand" i do," grover said with a mouth full" do you?" Medusa said"

"Do i?"

"Athena was everything to me, I worshipped her, i prayed to her, i made offerings... she never answered, not even an omen to suggest she appreciated my love," medusa said dropping her head"i wasn't like you sweetheart, i was you," medusa said as priscilla looked at annabeth"

"I would've worshipped her that way for a lifetime, in silence, but then another god came, and he broke that silence"medusa said as everyone was listening to her story"

" your father, the sea god told me he loved me, i felt as though he saw me in a way i had never felt seen before"she said as percy's head lifted a bit" but then athena declared that i had embarrassed her and i needed to be punished, not him, me"medusa said as Priscilla's face also dropped, she felt bad for the woman she could hear the pain in medusa's voice"

"She decided i would never be seen again by anyone who would live to tell the tale,"medusa said"that isn't what happened! My mother is just, always," annabeth said raising her voice" the gods want you to believe that, that they are infallible," medusa said as annabeth rolled her eyes"

"But they only want what all bullies want, that want us to blame ourselves for their shortcomings,"medusa said staying calm but annabeth couldn't" that is not what happened. And you are a liar," annabeth said raising her voice as Medusa's face dropped"

" something's burning, will someone help me with that," medusa said as percy followed the woman"grover, cilla, get ready to run," annabeth said as the two had food in their mouths"

"Annabeth, she isn't the bad guy, look i know you are loyal to athena but the gods will betray us when they want to, they'll do the same as they did to her" priscilla said defending medusa"