Forbidden for a reason

" annabeth and priscilla still had the lead with the boys trailling behind her as percy asked all the dumb questions"

" but if we stay in the wilderness, how are we gonna find a phone?" Percy asked talking to grover" what do we need a phone for?" Annabeth snarked back at the boy behind her" so we can call camp!" Percy pointed out sarcastically"

"T-to get help"

"We don't need help, we're fine"priscilla said walking faster then annabeth all of a sudden"we're fine, we haven't even gotten to trenton, and we're wandering through a forrest," percy said pointing it all out"

"I didn't even know they had forests in new jersey, but we found one" the blond said complaining as Priscilla stopped in her tracks"look, we're fine, so stop worrying!" She raised her voice at the boy making him look to the ground"

" we were sent on a quest by the oracle, by the gods. What'd you think, it would be easy?" Annabeth said looking behind her as Priscilla walked a bit further"

"It's supposed to be hard"

"Thats why only certain people are chosen," Priscilla said finishing annabeth's sentence without knowing it"if we call camp, we're basically saying it was a mistake to choose us" annabeth said as her face dropped, she couldn't dissapoint her mom"

" I'm completely fine with that," percy said hoping we would agree"everyone makes mistakes" he added" why are you so afraid of who you are?" Annabeth asked stopping in her track and so did the rest"

"What?"

"You know, what's interesting about this particular satyr path, is it's actually the one my uncle ferdinand took when he set out on his own quest," grover said trying to stop an argument from happening but that didn't work"

" what is that supposed to mean, afraid of who i am? I'm not afraid," the blond boy said as the look in his eyes were from someone who was ready to start an argument" yes, you are, you aren't just a kid," annabeth said not taking any of it"

"Just a kid" doesn't do what you did to clarrise back at camp" just a kid" doesn't have hades sending top lieutenants to retrieve them," annabeth said as Priscilla jumped in"

"You know, you are a part of something so much bigger we can understand right now," priscilla said as her face dropped she saw herself in the boy, something she didn't realise when she was his age, she had the problems he had but by 12 years old she didn't get to camp yet"

"We have to move foreward, whether you like it or not," she said as her eyes turned blue, she was sick of the boy complaining about the quest" i am getting you to my father, who doesn't wanna see me, but so you could atleast get you mother back!" She yelled out in the woods which made grover and percy fear her for a bit"

"Y- your eyes," grover said as Priscilla calmed down" you don't wanna call camp, fine, then atleast call your mom," Percy said turning to annabeth which made disgust appear on her face"

"Excuse me?" Annabeth said stepping forward" athena? Your mother," percy said not knowing he should shut up," i'd call my father but we aren't exactly on speaking terms, you know, because of the long life neglect and all, but you and your mother seem close. So why don't we ask for help?" Percy said as athena covered her eyes with her hands letting out a soft chuckle"

" Grover, will you tell your friend to pull himself together," Annabeth said as her face turned into anger" you can't ask her, can you?" The blond said pissing her more off"

" when was the last time she talked to you?"

"Grover"

" i don't know why you keep pulling him into this, he's on my side" percy said not thinking before he spoke" what makes you think that?" Annabeth snarked back at the boy"

"'Cause he's my protector,"

" he was my protector, first!" Annabeth spilled out as percy turned to grover" first?" Percy said"

" what do you mean" first."

" very exciting, walking down uncle ferdinand's footsteps, next best thing to getting to talk to him again," grover said trying to get him out of a conversation"thalia, luke and annabeth had a satyr protector, that was you," percy said as it all finally snapped"

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Do you guys smell that," grover said sniffing the air" grover, i'm not kidding!" Percy said as Priscilla turned to the smell"no, me neither, just shush," grover said walking infront of priscilla"

"Hamburgers"

" the group all walked towards the smell following grover's lead for once as they see a little house"

"Someone is making hamburgers, in the woods, on a satyr path, whoever it is, they're from our world" grover said as we see the little house"

" oh, come on," Annabeth said seeing people from stone"aunty" em" has a garden full of petrified stone folks, yeah, this is someone from our world alright," priscilla said walking closer to the house"

"Anyone wanna geuss what" em" is short for?"

" let's get out of here, please, while we still can," Annabeth said turning around as a fury come up infront of us"

" you should've accepted my offer when you had the chance," Alecto said as priscilla and percy took out their weapons" offer? What offer is she talking about?" Percy asked looking at priscilla and Annabeth"

" not today friends, not on my doorstep," a woman behind us said as alecto turned her back to the woman as did all the rest except percy before he saw who it was"if you have something to resolve, why don't you come inside and i'll help?" The woman said as our backs were all turned"

" Alecto will you be joining us?"

" no i wouldn't think you would, she won't bother you ass long as your with me, but isn't as though she'll leave" medusa said looking at the four kids"

" not if it means reporting that she failed to retrieve the son of poseidon and his own daughter," medusa said as i look at percy"

" how'd you-"

" a forbidden child has been claimed, word spreads fast, it's a pleasure to meet you, son of Poseidon," medusa said with a smile on her face"

"I'm medusa"

"Percy don't, she's a monster," annabeth said as Priscilla's face dropped, she liked medusa for some reason she could see herself in aunty em"

" we all choose who we make our monsters, but right now that one want to tear you from limb to limb... and i'm offering you lunch, the choice is yours" medusa said going back inside"

" i think we can trust her," percy spat out to the group"

"What!"

"Dude!"

" honestly I agree,"

" i can't explain it, i... my mom used to tell me her story, and the point was always that she isn't what people think she is, and i definitely trust my mom," percy said pointing at the house" okey, we all in? I'm starving," priscilla said walking forward"

" so i'm going in, you guys do what you want," percy said as Priscilla walked in front," nice choice cuz," Priscilla said putting her arm around Percy's shoulder"

" Grover came in a few seconds later and so did annabeth, as we heard medusa from another room"

" you must be hungry, i left snacks on table while i get something proper going" Medusa said from the other room"

" you think it's safe to eat?" Percy whispered in grover's ear" i don't even care, it's food," Priscilla said grabbing a cupcake"