BROTHERS

Blue and Yellow moments!

Blue's such an emotional little guy that has great talent at the same time -- I have to take advantage of it :)

Happy Valentines Day too!

~~~

"Shh shh, it's okay."

Yellow sighed, continuing to pat Blue on the back as he tried desperately to comfort his friend. His efforts were working, but to an extent. Usually, when Yellow had to comfort Blue, a good event would happen immediately afterward, and Blue would be okay. But at the moment, nothing good was happening. Or going to happen, it seemed.

Yellow decided to sit down, still patting Blue reassuringly on the back.

"It's okay...it's just a game, Blue." Yellow said softly, hoping that it'd be enough to stop Blue from crying. Already the two were attracting unwanted attention.

But Blue didn't stop crying. He continued to cry, his hands covering his face, hunched over himself as he sat on the bench. Yellow was quick to realize that his attempts at trying to comfort Blue at the moment were futile -- which was saying something, seeing as he's quite good at comforting others anyway.

But he doesn't give up.

He glances around, trying to spot something. Anything.

Then his eyes caught on a sign. Bingo.

He turns back to Blue, rubbing him on the shoulder. "I'll be right back...stay here."

Not that he really expected Blue to go anywhere, but you can never be sure. Yellow then stood up, making his way to a small building in the distance. The park was quite crowded with families and children of different ages -- walking eagerly down different paths toward different activities. For a quick moment, he stopped, scanning the crowd for any obvious signs of familiarity that might point to any of his friends, but it was quickly deduced that the others weren't there. They could be on the whole other side of the amusement park by now.

He shook his head, resuming on his route. He really did hope that his plan would work -- if it did, Blue was sure to cheer up right away.

And this plan of his started with stepping right inside of a shop called Minecraft Retrieving Machines.

Blue, on the other hand, stayed on the bench as told. The whole reason he had been crying was because he had been beaten in something close to archery. By a kid. No matter how many times Yellow continued to tell him, he wouldn't believe that he hadn't been giving it his all. Yes, it is true that he had been quite preoccupied with everything that had happened the past few days -- but that didn't mean he hadn't given his all. He probably did -- archery is a passionate hobby of his. He really does care about it.

He sniffed, trying to wipe the tears off of his face. He couldn't help it, but his mind kept replaying what had happened. There he was in his minds' eye, doing his best as he shot the middle of the target ahead of him, and in a few seconds, a loud noise announced the winner. The winner -- not him.

Just the thought was quick to bring him to tears once more. He knew that it was just a game -- he didn't even care about the prize -- but this was his hobby. He should've done better. He should've won. And that kid was probably no more than nine years old. How could he, Blue, have lost after so many years of experience that just about anybody can dream of?

What a failure...

"Blue..."

Blue glanced up at the sound of his name, trying to wipe away his tears once more. Yellow stood before him, holding out a small bag. Tentatively, Blue took it, turning it around in his hands. It felt soft...