Chapter 99- The Final Battle

Start from the beginning

"Fuck yeah, we are," Inejra confirms as she and Alyssa walk away from me.

Twenty minutes later, me, Damien, Daryl, Rosita, Michonne, and several other people like Rick and Jesus leave the "safe" gates of the Hilltop. 

I've downed the non-addictive drugs I was given to help the pain and fight off infection from my wound. 

My heart is beating out of my throat and that familiar adrenaline-ridden tingle in my fingers is back- the good feeling. 

On our way through the woods, we stop quietly and crouch down. 

Twenty feet in front of us, a group of the Saviors is setting up a roadblock much like the one on the night of the Lineup- the night everything changed. 

A man is pushing a Walker with a bucket on its head while other men surround a few more cars. 

Looking through binoculars, Carol holds up five fingers, then four, symboling a count down to us ambushing them. 

Once the silent countdown is over, we all stand up and practically float through the woods, somehow not making a single sound.

The only sound around is the sound of the Walkers they set up before Carol snaps her fingers. Almost as quickly as our bullets started, the Saviors drop dead.

We run out of the woods and kill the tied-up Walkers, searching the Saviors for guns or any intel. 

Finally, Ezekiel speaks up. "Good people, found something on our quarry." This immediately catches everyone's attention.

"What is it?" Michonne asks. 

"A list and another map. And what appear to be other facts." Ezekiel hands Rick the map.

"They're linin' up the Saviors on the Old Mill Road." Rick reads. "That's where Negan'll be." 

"We get to Negan before they find out what happened here." Carol thinks aloud. 

Rick holds the walkie-talkie up to his mouth, "Maggie." He says into it. 

"I'm here." She says. 

"It's time. It was a trap. So we're changin' the plan." Rick informs her, putting his walkie back in his waistband. 

A little while later, our group and Maggie's group (including Alyssa and Inejra) are hiking up the hill of a large, pretty field. Somewhere where Abraham would kill to be able to smoke. 

I look at Alyssa, "You sure you wanna do this?" 

She glares at me, "That group treated you like nothing. Yes, I'm sure." 

"I'm not even gonna ask Inej' because I know she'll beat my ass if I do." 

Inejra smirks at my statement but doesn't say anything, she just continues to stare ahead with dark, determined eyes. 

Once we're at the top of the hill, the whole group turns and looks at the huge forest in front of us. 

It looks like it stretches on forever, never stopping. It curves on the curve of the Earth, the trees toward the back have a white glow to them in the afternoon fog. They look like little toy trees, their dark green color being painted over with a thin cloud of fog. 

But most importantly, the ginormous horde of Walkers. There are probably tens of thousands of Walkers in that horde, just waiting to find us. 

"Oh, Jesus." Rosita whispers. 

"Holy damn." Jerry adds. "You ever seen one that big?" 

"No," Rick says, "Things are changin'. Let's go."