Stephen King-Level

Night of the Living Dummy: Part 2: Ep 9__________________________________

__________________________________

Back at the Biddle house, two hours have passed. A fire crackles at the fireplace. Nathan smiles as he types frantically. "'We're dead?' Linus shook his head. 'How did we notice?' The ghost all--" Bratt's phone buzzes, and he answers it. "Miss Macy?"

"Hey, just checking in. Have you had a blast of inspiration yet?"

"You know, I actually have. This is perfect timing."

"Let's hear it."

"Okay, here we go, new ending." He goes to read, but she stops him, "Just as long as they don't all turn out to be ghosts in the end." She laughs.

"It's like, it's been done, okay? "Bratt's smile fades. He hits the delete key and watches as the writing in the document goes away. He awkwardly laughs, "Right, I know." He continues to press the delete key.

"You know... why don't I just send them to you, and you can read it yourself? You don't want to hear me read it." He forces a chuckle.

"Great, Nathan. I think you could be the next Stephen King." Bratt hangs his head and then looks up at his laptop. "Really? You do?"

"I do, but you need to get me those pages as soon as humanly possible. Otherwise, I'm going to have to move on."

"Well, I will not disappoint you. Stephen King-level ending is on its way." Bratt sighs before hanging up the phone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At a restaurant, the team's parents are having dinner. "Um... So, I wanted to thank you all for coming tonight." They all smile at Nora, "I had a lot of I-told-you-sos prepared, and I'm sure Matt had some too."

Mat chuckles before taking a sip of his champagne. "But I'm gonna skip those. You're welcome." They all smile at Nora. "No, a long time ago, we were all friends. Good friends. And seeing our kids together reminded me of who we all were before everything happened."

The group all listen to Nora, "Before Harold died. And I thought it would be nice to... get back to that place. So, a toast." Nora, Colin, Ben, Sarah, Victoria, Eliza, and Mateo raise their glasses. "To new beginnings."

They all cheered, taking a sip of their alcohol. Mateo cleared his throat, "And since Nora is being nice. I'll say it for us..." He lifted his glass, "We told you so." They all groan, and Mateo chuckles before they fall into conversation.