Something Stronger

Readers Beware Ep:5__________________________________________

Readers Beware Ep:5
__________________________________________

By the time Cam got home she had made up her mind. She was going into the dream world again. When she walked up to her door she saw that her dad was sitting at the kitchen counter, a book in his hand. When he heard the door close he turned and saw his daughter. He got up and did his best to hide the book from her, "Hey mija. How'd it go with your friends?" Cam was still mad at her dad, and she looked at him confused when he tried to hide a book he had in his hands. "What's that?"

"What's what?"

"The book you're trying to hide behind you. What- what is it?" She pointed at the book and Mateo sighed at her, "It's uh, it's just my journal. I uh, I keep my thoughts in it." She scoffs and smiles a little, not believing his lie. "Right, well uh, is um, is it ok if I... stay home tomorrow? I'm not really feeling well." She frowned a little, she didn't wanna lie but this was the only way she'd be able to stay home.

Mateo turned to look at his daughter, a little concerned, "Are you okay? Are the headaches back?" She shook her head at him, "No, no, I- I just don't really feel like going tomorrow." She looked at her shoes and Mateo knew something was wrong but didn't push it, so he sighed, "Okay, as long as you don't have any tests then sure you can stay home tomorrow."
Camilla nodded her head, telling her father goodnight, she went to her room. She sighed once she got to the bathroom and looked at herself through the mirror, "I really hope this works." She mumbled to herself before she went back to her bed. She laid down, closed her eyes and fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She gasped and she was back. She looked around and chuckled, "It actually worked." She mumbled to herself, "Of course it worked, you're a Castrero, siempre tenemos un plan, pequeña." She looked over to see Amelia standing by a tree. She smiled at her, "You know why I'm here." She nodded her head, "You want answers, but they might not be answers you like." She warns her, "I need to know what's going on." Amelia smiles at her determination, "And they said you weren't ready." She nods her head to the side and Camilla followers her deeper into the woods. She was gonna figure out the truth, she was gonna help her friends.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mateo headed to work, this time Victoria wouldn't stop him. Sarah was back in town and he knew they needed to talk. By the time he got there she was speaking to one of the nurses, so he waited until they were done. Once he knew their conversation was over he went up to her, "Sarah."

She turned and gave him a smile, "Mat, good to see you again." He nodded at her and they both made their way to Nora. "Nora?" Nora turned to look at them, seeming a little out of it, "Sarah? You're back." Mateo sat down at one of the chairs and Sarah did the same, "Yeah."