The Reunion Amongst Adults

This chapter is the parents Pov from episode two at the end.
💟
Next chapter is the start to episode 3.

________________________________________

Cam is still sleeping up in her room. Her dad is downstairs ready to go out, because of a meeting Alice had decided to set up. He leaves a note for Cam, letting her know that he left and that'd he be back soon. Mateo get's in his car and leaves his home. Making it up to a fancier place where this meetings taking place.

He parks his car and walks up to the door, ringing the doorbell. James opens the door and smiles at Cam's dad. "Hey Mr. Ramírez. Come on in" Mat looks at James and gives him a nod. He looks over to see, Isaiah's dad, Nora and James mom all looking at him.
Eliza and Nora great him giving him a hug and Ben gives him a nod. "Where's Victoria?" He asks looking at them, "She said she's be hear in a few minutes." He looks at Nora and then at the other two eyebrows furrowed, he sighs, "The quicker she gets here the quicker I can get home." He heads outside and waits on one of the couches, Eliza offers him wine which he takes knowing he'll need it.

A couple of minutes pass and they hear the door knock. Eliza goes to answer and Mateo sees it's Victoria, and she's not alone. Isabella is with her, she tells Victoria something and James comes in and drags Isabella away, leaving the five adults outside. "How do we get you to stop with this ghost nonsense?" Ben looks over at Nora, "I'm telling you, he's back, and I think he's coming for our children.

Eliza and Victoria both shake their heads thinking she's delusional, but Mateo's looking at his shoes, lost in thought. He had started to get headaches here and there but the never stock. "Listen to yourself, Nora. That's the kind of talk that's gonna get you in trouble." Mateo's looking at all of them now, eyebrows furrowed, "I wasn't crazy then, and I'm not crazy now."
To which makes Victoria step in, "You could lose custody of Lucas." Mateo lets out a fake chuckle, "your not actually trying to threaten her with that are you?" They all turn to him, "what you're actually believing this nonsense? Come on Mat."

Mateo shrugs his shoulder, "My headaches are back nothing to bad but it comes and goes. And Cam, I-" he sighs and shakes his head, "I didn't wanna believe it, but she's acting strange.... she's getting headaches now too, she seems more alert, she's barley sleeping and yesterday, she was at the hospital, with Isaiah and Margot and Lucas. I don't know, but something doesn't feel right to me." He looks up and sees Nora's giving him a small smile while the others are looking at him like he's lost it. "Cam headaches could be school related and her hanging out around kids her age doing reckless things that normal for them."

Victoria tries to find reason and logic to the matter, "And your headaches could be stress related, I mean it can't be easy being a single dad to a teenage daughter, I know it's not easy being a single mom with James." Mateo looks over at Victoria, shaking his head, "Don't compare us, I don't drown myself with alcohol, I'm actually in my kids life. And so is Nora for that fact so don't try it with me Victoria." He's glaring at her, offended she'd even try to compare him to her. Mateo gets up and Nora follows him.

"Thank you for that Mat. You didn't have to defend me." He looks over to Nora seeing her looking out into the distance. He shrugs his shoulders, "Well you know me, us weirdos have to stick together right?" Nora looks down and chuckles lightly. She nods her head and is about to say something but they hear screaming and run inside.

___________________________________________

An: Kinda a filler chapter but worth it for the plot I've got in store. See you guys then.