.27

𖥸┈┈┈𖥸┈┈┈𖥸┈┈┈𖥸

𖥸┈┈┈𖥸┈┈┈𖥸┈┈┈𖥸

They were heading to 'Terminus.' Cassian wasn't so sure about the place, but she walked by Rick's side as they made their way down the train tracks.

"I think we've got about a days worth of water left." Rick spoke out loud. "We're lucky it's cooled off a little bit, but..." Cassian looked behind them as Rick trailed off, laughing. "What are you doin'?"

"Winning a bet." Carl boasted.

"In your dreams." Michonne smiled. Cassian just fixed the cap on her head and looked to Rick. Michonne and Carl were both balancing on the beams of the train tracks.

Cassian glanced away as Rick strode over to them. She kicked at the dirt. How... how could they be happy when their family was scattered? When they might be the only ones who survived?

Cassian sighed. She chewed her lip and kept walking.

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

"How hungry are you, on a scale of one to ten?" Rick asked the three around him as he poked at the small fire.

"Fifteen." Carl laughed.

"Twenty eight." Michonne commented. Cassian looked up to see three sets of eyes on her.

"Not hungry." The girl mumbled, choosing to ignore the rumbling of her stomach. She was playing with a stick in the mud. They had stopped for a little rest overnight, Cassian hadn't really slept, again, but she knew Rick hadnt ether.

"I'm gonna go check the snares." Rick told them, standing up slowly, eyes lingering on the quiet girl.

"Can I come with you?" Car asked his father.

"Well, how else are you gonna learn?" Rick smiled at his son, the two wandering off slowly. Michonne sighed and stood up.

"Come on." Michonne urged. Cassian flung the stick she was playing with and stood up, kicking out the small fire with a huff.

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

"How long are we staying for?" Carl asked his father as they walked through the trees.

"We'll stay another day or two." Rick told his son, grabbing Cassians shoulder as she tripped on a twig. "Get some rest."

"Finish healing up?" Michonne asked.

"Exactly." Rick nodded. "How are your ribs holding up, Cass?"

"It's fine." The girl shrugged quietly. She ignored the three concerned looks. She was fine is the thing. Sure, her ribs flared with pain if she moved too quick or if she turned funny, but she was okay. She had to be.