.5

𖥸┈┈┈𖥸┈┈┈𖥸┈┈┈𖥸

𖥸┈┈┈𖥸┈┈┈𖥸┈┈┈𖥸

Cassian huffed as she threw another shovel of dirt to the side. After a few more minutes, the girl placed the shovel down, and with the help of Jimmy, she climbed out of the grave.

T-Dog and Andrea finished their graves too. It was silent for a moment before Cassian looked to Lori. She walked off to the RV in search of Carol.

They were burying her daughter. Along with Maggie's stepmom and stepbrother. She felt bad that she had to bury her brother. He may not be little, and he may not have been himself for a long time, but, Cassians eyes watered before she harshly scrubbed them, smudging dirt on her face.

Nobody should have to bury a brother.

Lori came back, Judd and Daryl tailing behind her. She told them Carol didn't want to come watch her child be buried. She didn't believe the little girl was even her child. She called her a thing.

They were joined by everyone else. Hershel was wearing a suit, it reminded Cassian of funerals before all of this. She remembered wearing the same long dress for every one. As if sensing her thoughts, Judd pulled his daughter backwards into his chest.

Cassian had a feeling she'd have to get used to funerals.

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

"So, if your group leaves, you wouldn't stay?" Maggie asked Glenn, arms folded over her chest as she looked at Cassian. The girl was having a small nap on one of the chairs.

"I... I hadn't really thought about it." Glenn admitted. "I mean, I... I didn't know that... do... do you think this is really the time? To discuss this I mean."

"We'll, I'm not really feeling like there's a lot of time for anything." Maggie smiled grimly.

"No, no... there is..." Glenn denied. Both adults swivelled around at a loud crash in the kitchen, Cassian shot up too, nearly falling off of her seat.

"Oh my god. Beth!"

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

"What's wrong with her?" Maggie asked Lori as the older woman hurried into the room. She breathed as she took in the sight before her. Both Maggie and Cassian were around Beth's bed, the girl facing the ceiling staring at nothing. Glenn was standing off to the side.

"She might be in shock." Lori told them. "Where's Hershel?"

"We can't find him." Cassian spoke quietly as she looked at her friend. "We looked, but we couldn't find him." Lori nodded before walking out of the room. Not long after, Maggie, Cass and some others were searching for clues on where the man might have gone.