.13

𖥸┈┈┈𖥸┈┈┈𖥸┈┈┈𖥸

𖥸┈┈┈𖥸┈┈┈𖥸┈┈┈𖥸

Rick had gone awol, so Judd had taken it upon himself to look out for the man's children. Carl had lost his mother, but gained a baby sister. Most people wouldn't know how to comfort a child that had lost their mother, but Judd wasn't most people. He had done this before, so, he could do it again.

Cassian hadn't spoke. He knew the whole situation brought back memories for his daughter. Bad memories. She refused to even look at the baby for the most part. He watched as his daughter stuck by Carl like glue.

It wasn't only Cass that was quiet. The mood was somber in the prison. They hadn't only lost Lori, but T-Dog was dead and Carol was just gone.

Carl had hold of his baby sister for a while, the group waiting for Maggie and Daryl to get back with formula to feed her. But when the infant started to cry, and he couldn't calm her, he passed the baby to Judd.

Carefully, the man held the tiny baby in his arms, swaying her and shushing her until her cries dwindled to sniffles. He held the baby close to his chest as she drifted. It was only when a door clanged, the baby startled and begun to cry softly again.

Judd watched as Maggie and Daryl rushed in the cell block, Beth rushing to help Maggie make a bottle for the baby. Judd's eyes followed as Daryl stared at the infant in his arms. Without warning, he plopped the baby onto Daryl, the man fumbling for a moment before cradling the child. Maggie walked over, handing Daryl a bottle.

Cassian watched as Glenn, Axel and Oscar walked into the cell block, Glenn walking over to Cassie and hugging the girl from the side. Judd showed Daryl how to feed the baby properly, and the cell lock became quiet again.

"She got a name yet?" Daryl asked off handedly.

"Not yet." Carl said quietly. "But I was thinking maybe Sofia. Then there's Carol, too. And... Andrea. Amy. Jacqui. Patricia. Or... Lori. I don't know." Carl looked to Cassian, the girl held out her hand. Instead, Carl leant against her, much like she was leaning on Glenn.

"Yeah... you like that? Huh?" Daryl cooed at the baby. "Little ass-kicker? Right?" The man looked to the group, a chorus of chuckles sounded. "That's a good name, right? Little ass-kicker? You like that, huh? You like that, sweetheart?"

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Cassian sat between Glenn and Carl at the table. She wasn't really that hungry, but Maggie had promised that if she ate her breakfast, then she could go on a run with her and Glenn later. Judd had managed to make Carl eat a few bites of his food, but it wasn't much.

"Everybody okay?" Rick asked as he walked into the cell block. Judd's head popped up from the baby in his arms.

"Yeah, we are." Maggie told him.