.20

𖥸┈┈┈𖥸┈┈┈𖥸┈┈┈𖥸

𖥸┈┈┈𖥸┈┈┈𖥸┈┈┈𖥸

Rick watched Cassian as the girl leant against the pig pen. She was watching the older pig with a calculating gaze. "Morning." Rick greeted. He chuckled at the noise Cassie made back at him.

Cassian leant back into Ricks chest as the man stood by her. She had grown a little, not by much, Carl was still taller, but she had gotten new boots again. Speaking of Carl, Cassian spied the boy walking over.

"You didn't wake me up." Carl called out as he got closer to the two. Cassian looked back to the pig.

"That's because I know you were up all night reading comics with a flashlight." Rick told his son, walking from Cassie and patting Carl on the back when the boy reached them.

"What's up with Violet?" Carl asked quickly as he looked where Cassians gaze was pointed.

"Carl." Rick sighed. "I told you not to name them. They're not piglets anymore, they're food."

"I just thought, you know. Until..." Carl trailed off with a sad sigh.

"I don't know what's going on with her." Rick stated. "Could be sick. Could be nothing." Rick clicked his tongue, trying to get the pigs attention, but ultimately failing.

"Pigs can get the flu." Cassian spoke up, scratching her head. The girl looked to Carl and Rick. "Just... if you touch her, make sure you wash your hands after... pigs can make us sick sometimes."

It was quiet for a while before Rick spoke again. "Feel better... Violet."

Both kids cracked up at the man, he laughed a little too, patting them both on their backs. "Come on, let's get to it."

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Judd rounded the side of the truck, throwing in a bag and another canister of gas. Swooping around, he took Zack's bag and threw that in too. Judd walked over to his bike, double checking he had everything he needed.

He shook his head a little, getting the hair out of his face. It had gotten a little longer in the few months that had passed. He'd taken scissors to it a few times, but decided to just let it grow. Cassie liked it when he had long hair anyways, but it did get annoying sometimes, it wasn't quite long enough to tie up properly yet.

"The council pulled back everyone on the coal crew from going on the run." Zack told Beth. "They're short handed right now. I figured I'd step up to help, go with 'em. Just, you know, wanted to make sure that I saw you before." Judd resisted the urge to cringe at the boy. He had good intentions... he just... yeah...