.21

𖥸┈┈┈𖥸┈┈┈𖥸┈┈┈𖥸

𖥸┈┈┈𖥸┈┈┈𖥸┈┈┈𖥸

Judd sat in the yard with his daughter. They were both drawing on the floor with chalk. It was one of Cassie's favourite things to do. Judd was practically making fun of Rick, the man in his 'farmer arc' as Judd named it.

"An apple a day keeps the doctor away." Cassie mumbled, catching sight of Rick with a barrel of apples. She didn't even know where he got them from.

"An apple a day can keep anyone away if you throw it hard enough." Judd told his daughter. The two dissolved into a fit of giggles and laughs.

That's when they heard it.

The shots.

Judd shot up, holding an arm out to Cassie as Lizzie and Mika flew out of the doors, screaming for help. Judd told his kid to stay outside before racing past the two sisters and barrelling into the cell block, Cassian's machete in hand.

He ran into D block, freezing at the sight for a split second before he barrelled forwards, killing a walker. There was so much screaming. People were running and pushing, trying to get away from the monsters.

How were there walkers in the prison? He was yelling at people to get out when Daryl and Rick ran in, throwing a gun to Judd. The man caught it with ease as more people came to help.

Judd picked up a little boy, shooting at the walker that nearly got him before placing him in a cell and slamming the door shut. He breathed heavily as he decapitated another walker, an arrow just missing his ear as it whizzed past, landing in the eye of the dead.

"Are we clear?" Rick yelled. Judd was quick to run up the stairs behind Daryl. His head pounded as the block went quiet.

Glenn got jumped by a walker in a cell, Daryl shooting a bolt through its head. Judd scanned Glenn, making sure he hadn't been scratched.

"I'm fine." Glenn breathed out, lazily patting Judd on the chest. "I'm good." Judd reached forward, pulling open the curtain to the cell.

"Oh." Judd sighed as he looked to the familiar corpse on the ground. "It's Patrick."

After a grim moment of silence, Judd dropped the curtain and the four of them begun walking cell to cell, making sure they hadn't missed any walkers. It frustrated Judd in a way. How many people were dead. His jaw clenched as he pulled his knife from another cold, dead skull.

Judd trotted down the stairs, wiping the sweat off his brows as he walked past Hershel. There were people in the block again, making sure it was cleared. But it was still quiet. Judd nodded at Hershel when the older man looked to him. Rick and Daryl barrelled down the stairs as Doctor S came in. They all walked into a cell.