21: This Means War

It was early morning, and Morana was resting at the table. Her head rested in her hand's palm as her eyes closed.

"Did you not sleep?" Erza was the first to wake up as she looked at the ice dragon.

"No... Fairy Tail is under attack. I was keeping watch." Morana mumbles softly as she opens her eyes slightly.

"You should have woken me up; I would have taken watch," Erza states as she requips into her typical attire.

"It's fine," Morana straightened as Lucy began to stir in her bed.

"What? Good Morning." Lucy stretches out as she smiles at the two women.

"Good morning, Lucy. Did you sleep well?" Erza asked.

"Man, can you keep it down? I'm trying to sleep." Natsu groaned in his sleep as he turned over and squished Happy as a pillow.

"I did," Lucy looked at Natsu, confused.

"Don't bother him," Gray muttered as he sat up.

"Good morning, Gray," Lucy stated as she slipped out of bed while avoiding stepping on Natsu and Happy.

"Just step on them. Maybe they will wake up." Morana muttered as she watched Lucy walk around the two sleeping mages.

"You want to go?!" Natsu mumbles in his sleep.

"Always dreaming of fighting." Gray sighed as he stood up and stretched out.

"Yes, I believe that is in his nature. However, he does need to wake up." Erza stated as she grabbed the back of Natsu's scarf and pulled him up. There was a dark shadow that covered Erza's face as she punched Natsu in his chest.

"What the hell?!" Natsu shouted as he was brought to reality while clutching his chest in pain.

"I didn't see anything." Gray and Lucy stated as they looked away from Erza, not wanting to be punched by the armored woman. Natsu was nursing his wounded chest as Morana got to her feet.

"Shall we get going?" Morana asked as she looked at Erza.

"Yes, that seems applicable." The armored woman nods as Lucy squeals before rushing to get changed quickly.

***

"Man, can't you let a girl get dressed without rushing?" Lucy wines as the team started heading towards the guild. It was a clear morning with few clouds and birds chirping.

"At least you weren't rudely waken up," Natsu grumbles, still rubbing his sore chest.

"Aye! And you weren't used as a pillow either." Happy adds while flying by Lucy's' head. 

"I slept just fine." Gray snickers.

"Yes, it was the best sleep I have gotten in a while. It was quite refreshing." Erza smiles. Morana walked behind the group as she was watching her surroundings. Her guildmates didn't notice, but she did. The looks of sympathy on everyone's faces left her confused.

They soon reached the Magnolia Southgate park, where a crowd was forming around the central tree within the park. Whispers and murmurs were spreading through the citizens as the mages walked through.

"Excuse us, we are from their guild," Erza stated firmly as they reached the tree's base.

"Levy?!" Lucy gasps as she covers her mouth in horror. Happy stood by her with his jaw dropped in pure shock. The cat couldn't find anything to say about the horrifying situation.

"Jet! Droy!" Gray couldn't believe his eyes as they looked upon their guildmates. Jet, Levy, and Droy hung from the tree trunk, held up by their hands with iron clasps. They looked beaten and bruised. Morana shivered as she remained emotionless upon the sight.