20: What's the Worse that Could Happen?

It was supposed to be a mission for just Lucy and Morana. That wasn't the case, as the rest of Team Natsu had joined the two girls. It annoyed Morana, who kept quiet as the team returned from a failed mission.

"Oh, come on, Morana, we were sorry," Natsu whines as the ice dragon continues to ignore him. She had been giving everyone, except Lucy, the silent treatment.

"Aye! This is just too harsh!" Happy adds.

They were walking through town when Morana remembered something, "Lucy. Would you care to join me for something?"

The blond looked at the ice dragon, confused as she smiled. "Sure! Where are we going?"

"Yeah! Can we come?" Natsu asks as Morana ignores him and pulls Lucy down a street. Erza seemed to have gotten the gist of what Morana was doing as she pulled Natsu with her as they headed to the guildhall.

"Damn... she's cold when she's pissted," Gray muttered as he watched the girl walk off while talking with Lucy.

"Aye... all because you and Natsu destroyed the village." Happy sighed.

"You had a part to play in that too!" Gray shouted at the blue cat as they headed to the guildhall.

Lucy was happy for this time alone with Morana. That was the initial plan when she asked the ice dragon early that morning to join her on this relatively easy mission. Morana accepted the request unexpectedly quickly, which excited the blonde that morning. Still, that excitement and fantasy of hanging out with Morana alone was crushed instantly when Natsu and Happy butted in. Gray and Erza followed and joined the duo's request. 

"So where are we going?" Lucy asks as she glances at the ice dragon.

"Oh! I keep forgetting that Aspennie requested to meet you, but I remembered this time, so I'm taking you to meet her!" Morana answered. There was something about the way she spoke that had Lucy in awe. The usual cold and harsh tone was replaced by softness and happiness as Morana talked about this woman.

"That's so sweet! I can't wait to meet her!" Lucy smiled brightly as the two walked down the street towards a sweet little bakery. It was one that Lucy had seen many times before but never got to try out.

"I've seen this bakery before! It's so cute!" Lucy gushed as Moran opened the door for her.

"It is... homey..." Morana would never describe this bakery as cute. To her, it felt more than just cute. She could never describe or explain why she felt this way when she first stepped foot in this bakery, but it happened.

The bell rang sweetly as the two entered the bakery. Morana watched with curiosity as Lucy's eyes widened as she entered the bakery.

"It's like... Love is baked into the place." Lucy's eyes watered slightly as she looked like she had been hit in the heart by the aura of the bakery.

"Yeah... That's one way to put it." Morana chuckles. "Aspennie! I'm here with Lucy." She calls out as she walks further into the bakery. The sounds of clicking heels echoed as Lucy watched the ice dragon open her arms as a blur of brown, pink, and green tried to tackle the ice dragon to the ground. Lucy was in awe at the genuine smile on Morana's face as the ice dragon quickly picked the woman in her arms up and spun her around.

"Hey! Hey! Don't spin her!" A male voice barked. Lucy turned and recognized the man from his recent visit to the Guild.

"Awe, what's wrong, Kai? Afraid that I'll steal your precious girlfriend?" Morana snickered as the woman in her arms giggled happily.

Kai looked ready to blow a fuse with the ice dragon as he glared at her. "That is my girlfriend; return her dragon."

"Cuddlemuffin!" Aspen lightly pouted as she let go of Morana, who was laughing at Kai's protectiveness.