4: Secrets Revealed With A Return

As they headed back to the Kaby's mansion, Morana had fallen asleep. Natsu had to carry her as the others walked. The fire dragon didn't have an issue with it, but Lucy had questions.

"Hey Natsu...why did Duke Everlue call Morana, Black Ice?" Lucy asked as they headed to Kaby's mansion.

"I don't know. But that jerk isn't gonna get his grubby hands on her." Natsu grumbled.

"Aye! I heard that was her name before she joined Fairy Tail!" Happy chimed in.

"Winter Storm is her new name...right?" Lucy asked.

"Aye sir! She's a cold hearted dragon that brings frozen blizzards wherever she goes!" Happy said.

"Come on Happy, we both know she brings winter storms not blizzards. That's why her nickname is Winter Storm." Natsu corrected.

"Natsu I'm sure it's blizzards like the ones on Mt. Hakabe!" Happy argued.

"Actually they both are the same thing." Lucy pointed out.

***

Having reached the mansion, Morana had woken up from her nap. She was happy to say the least she could trust Natsu. Seeing how he carried her on his back the entire way. That was one way to gain Morana's trust. If she sleeps around you, and you keep her safe or help her. Then you have her trust.

Now they were with Kaby and his wife. Morana had helped herself to the couch to recover as Lucy and Natsu remained standing.

"But I requested this book be destroyed..." Kaby said as Lucy handed him the book.

"If you really wanted to burn it, I'd rather you do it yourself." Lucy said.

"I most certainly will." Kaby shook with anger as he stood up. "I never wanted to see it again."

"I completely understand why you feel the way you feel, Kaby." Lucy said. Morana and Natsu remained silent as they watched Lucy do her thing. "You want to protect your father's legacy, because you are actually Zallions son."

"Whoa...plot twist." Morana mumbled.

"Aye!" Happy snickered.

"Yes that's true." Kaby said.

"Have you read it yourself?" Lucy asked. Morana listened carefully as she leaned back on the couch.

"Well...no I haven't. I could never bring myself to do it. My father told me it was garbage." Kaby said.

"And you were just going to burn it?!" Natsu shouted. Morana quickly stood to her feet in shock.

"I was." Kaby looked down in guilt.

"You were just gonna burn it without ever reading what was in there?!" Natsu grabbed Kaby's collar in anger. "That was the last thing your father wrote! Some of us would kill for that kind of memory!"

Morana was quick to pull Natsu back as Lucy stepped in between him and Kaby.

"Natsu...don't.." Morana mumbled.

"Natsu let him explain himself first!" Lucy shouted.

"Please...that book has caused my family great heartache and shame." Kaby said. He soon started to share what had happened when his father returned after three years of disappearing. It tore at Lucy's heart to hear it from Kaby's perspective. Still Natsu and Morana were angered at what Kaby was clearly missing.

Kaby lit a match as he was ready to burn the book.

"No you're wrong." Lucy stood firm as she shocked everyone. "Kaby look!" The book Kaby held glowed as a light purple magic circle emitted off of it. The title of the book rose from the cover and into the air.