Rɪᴅᴅʟᴇᴅ

Depuis le début

"Not as confusing as this." Lydia says motioning toward his bed. Red strings were connected together from his walls. "He uses red for unsolved cases."

"Maybe he thinks he's part of an unsolved case ?" Luisa says

"Or is an unsolved case." Ariane says

"Hold on. Is he still out there ? You don't know where he is ?" Lydia says

"He said he was in an industrial basement somewhere." Scott says

"We came here to get a better scent." Isaac adds

"What else did he say ?" Lydia says

"Something's wrong with his leg. It's bleeding." Scott says

"And he's freezing." Isaac says looking around

"Tonight's the coldest night of the year. It's going to drop into the 20s." Aiden says

"What did his dad say ?" Ariane asks

"We kind of... We didn't tell him yet."

"Stiles is bleeding and freezing and you didn't call his dad ?" Lydia exclaims

"He made me promise not to." Scott says, "We can find him by scent. If he was sleepwalking he couldn't have gotten far, right ?"

"You guys didn't notice his Jeep is gone, did you ?" Aiden says. Luisa frowns.

"You promised you wouldn't call his dad. I didn't." Lydia says pulling out her phone.

"Wait, Lydia, hold on. I can get more help. I can call Derek, Allison.." Scott says

"I can call Anna." Luisa adds

"Everyone except for the cops." Lydia says, "Great idea."

"You guys remember she gets these feelings when someone's about to die, right ?" Aiden says

Scott sighs looking down, "You don't have to call his dad. It's five minutes to the station."

As they start to walk out, Lydia grabs Aiden's hand, "We'll catch up."

Luisa frowns, "What ? Why ?"

"There is something here."

"Yeah." Isaac says, "Evidence of total insanity."

"We can figure out what's wrong with him after we find a way to keep him from freezing to death." Scott says

"Go. We'll be right behind you." Lydia says. Ariane huffs before passing the others to walk out. Her sister following right behind her.

______________________________________

Stilinski leans on his deputy's desk as Scott finishes explaining what happened with Stiles. He stays silent as he processes his son being missing.

"Come on." He sighs shakily. The others sit up as he turns to them, "If his Jeep is gone, that's where we start. Parrish, let's get an APB out on a blue 1980 CJ-5 Jeep. Cordova, I want a list of any kind of industrial basement or sub-level of any building that he could've gotten into while sleepwalking. It's the coldest night of the year so far. So If he's out their barefoot in just a T-shirt, he could already be hypothermic. Let's move fast. Let's think fast." He explains to his deputies. "The four of you, come with me."

The sheriff shuts the door to his office as they file in. "Okay. Is there anything you need to tell me that I can't tell anyone out there ?"

"Lydia knew he was missing." Scott explains

"Can she help find him ?"

"Well, she's working on it." Luisa nods

"Anything else ?"

"I called Derek and Allison for help." Scott says. "Luisa called Anna."

"Can you find him by scent ?"

They all turn at the knock on the door. Parrish opens it, "We got it, sir. We found the Jeep."

______________________________________

Luisa and Ariane open the door as the latter parks in a spot at the hospital. The two run over to Stilinski and Scott who were standing at Stiles' jeep.

"It's dead. He must have left the lights on." Stilinski says

"Why would he come here ?" Luisa asks

"Let's find out." He says as he shuts the door. As they make their way to the hospital entrance, Anna runs over.

"Luisa." She says. The others run in as Luisa stops. "What's going on ? Did you find him ?"

"No, but his jeep is here. We're trying to figure out why." She says as they enter the building.

"Security's doing sweeps of every floor. Nothing yet." Melissa says

"What about the basement ?" Stilinski says

"Follow me." She says. The teens stay together as Stilinski and his deputies follow Melissa.

"Okay, while they're doing that, we should check somewhere else." Scott says

"Where ?" Isaac says

"The roof ?" Luisa suggests, "It's worth a shot."

Scott nods, "Come on."

•••

As they make their way onto the roof, Scott notices someone else standing there.

"He's not here." Derek says, "Not anymore."

"You mean the whole building ?" Scott asks

"Gone."

"I'll go tell Stilinski." Isaac says

"And see if you can find Allison. She's not answering her phone." Scott says. Isaac nods before running off.

"You guys should go too." Ariane says to her sister and Anna

"What do you mean ?" Luisa says with furrowed brows

"I'm sure once Stilinski knows Stiles isn't here he's gonna want to check somewhere else. He needs all the help he can get, Luisa."

Luisa nods, "Yeah, okay."

Ariane nods to her before they run off. She takes her time walking over to Derek and Scott.

"Notice how strong the scent is up here ?" Derek says, "Ever hear of chemo signals ? Chemical signals that communicate emotion. And just our sweat can give off anger, fear or disgust. Take a deep breath and tell me what you feel."

"Stress." Scott mumbles

"And anxiety."

"What was he doing up here ?"

"I don't know." Derek says, "But there was definitely some kind of struggle."

"With who ?"

"Himself." He says. As he turns to Scott, his eyes trail over to Ariane. Derek is the first to look away as the girl doesn't shy away from the eye contact.

______________________________________