Chapter 29: Tiffany

Lorenzo POV

Lorenzo POV

As I held Lindsay's hand and guided her up the stairs, I kept thinking of how Gemma and Anna were dressed compared to Lindsay. They both looked over the top and not in a good way and Gemma really did look trashy, especially for an event that she was working at.

I internally cringed at her inappropriate behavior. I can't believe she had the nerve to kiss me in front of my 'wife'.

Suddenly my scalp prickled and I felt dread take over my body. Fuck! Maybe she knows that Lindsay isn't actually my wife? Gemma had seen Isabella plenty of times, maybe she noticed the subtle differences?

I subconsciously squeezed Lindsay's hand tighter. "Ouch, Lorenzo, I know you don't want to lose me in this crowd but I think you forget how strong you actually are." Lindsay said, as she pulled on my arm.

"Sorry, Tesoro. You're right, I don't want to lose you." I said as I brought her hand up to my mouth and kissed the back of it. "I want you by my side all night."

Without answering, Lindsay pulled me into a hug. Even with her wearing heels, there was a significant difference in our heights. I was still towering over her. I wrapped my arms around her and kissed the top of her head.

"Thank you, Tesoro. I really needed that hug."

"Anytime, baby." She replied. "Oh, no," she said as she pulled away, "why did you have to say that word?" she asked, looking suddenly heartbroken.

I looked at her with confusion all over my face. What had gotten her sad all of a sudden?

"What's the matter, sweetheart? Why do you look like you lost your best friend?"

"Lorenzo, can you please call or message Maria? I was doing so well but as soon as you said the word baby, I thought of Nicolas and I really miss him. Please." She pleaded with tears in her eyes.

"Oh sweetheart," I said as I pulled her back into a tight hug. "You're okay and I'm sure Nicolas is okay too. But I will text Maria when we get to our room." I rubbed her back, trying to calm her down. She was right, she was doing so well, but the bond Nicolas and her had was truly incredible.

 She was right, she was doing so well, but the bond Nicolas and her had was truly incredible