Chapter 18: Idiot

Lorenzo POV

Lorenzo POV

What the hell did I just say? What the hell is wrong with me? It was only last night that I didn't want to get in the tub with Lindsay and now I'm telling her to strip. What the hell was I thinking?

With my request, taking over her brain, Lindsay looked like a deer in headlights. I was giving her mixed signals so I can't say I blame her.

"Oh okay." She whispered as she turned around so her back was to me and started to pull a dress strap off her shoulder. Was she uncomfortable? I thought she was passed this.

Her hand lingered on her shoulder for a few moments and her body shook. I can't do this anymore.

"Stop." I told her firmly. "Turn around."

It took her a minute but she finally did turn around. Her hand was still on her shoulder, her body was only slightly trembling and her eyes were downcast.

"Come here, Tesoro. Come sit on my knee."

Her head sprang up and her eyes gaped at me. She was clearly caught off guard and didn't expect me to say that.

"Please, Tesoro." I pleaded.

Lindsay shuffled over to where I was sitting, but she wouldn't sit on my lap. She awkwardly stood there facing me but made no effort to sit so I pulled her down on my knee so she was straddling my lap. Her dress was now bunched up on her legs, showing off her creamy thighs. I run my hands up and down her legs then pull her into a hug. I rubbed her back as she laid her head on my shoulder.

"What's the matter?" I ask, getting straight to the point

"Nothing. I'm fine." She whispered. Liar.

"Don't lie to me, Tesoro." I warned her.

"You...you don't want me anymore. You don't find me attractive anymore." She answered with a sniffle as she clung to my shirt.

"What the hell are you talking about? Where did you get that idea from?" I said with frustration.

"Well...last night you wouldn't get in the tub with me, and...and this morning you left our bedroom while I got dressed...you barely look at my body" she trailed off. "I disgust you, I'm sorry that I haven't lost the pregnancy weight yet... but once I get the okay from my doctor I will start working out. I promise!"