Chapter 24: Mr. Smarty-Pants

Lindsay POV

Lindsay POV

"What do you mean, to find Henry and Tommy? Is your brother like a private investigator or something?" I ask, somewhat confused. I still didn't know what Lorenzo or Valentino did for a job, so maybe it wasn't that far fetched.

"No, Tesoro," Lorenzo answers with a chuckle, "he's not a private investigator. Although he does have a knack for finding out any information that I might need."

"Well, that's handy, I guess. He must have a way with words if he's able to get people to talk." I rambled, not really knowing how to answer.

"Yes, that's why I called Valentino, tonight. Plus our little spat had gone on long enough. He's more valuable by my side than not." Lorenzo explained.

I nod in understanding. I don't remember much, obviously but from the moments I have shared with them, their bond seemed really strong. And having family in your corner.

"I have to go to the bathroom. Can you want to change Nicolas, then I can finish feeding him?" I ask.

"Of course, Tesoro, let me grab everything. I'll be right back."

Within a few moments, Lorenzo returns with a fresh diaper, a pack of wipes and a blanket. He laid the blanket on the bed and put the diaper and wipes beside the blanket. He picked Nicolas out of my arms and gently laid him on the blanket. I quickly got up and went to the washroom, as I was washing my hands I heard Lorenzo let out a little whimper. I quickly dried my hands and raced back to the bedroom.

I was happily surprised to find that Lorenzo had changed Nicolas and was walking around the room, swaying Nicolas in his arms. Lorenzo was making the shushing sound as he rubbed Nicolas' back. This was the sweetest thing ever. I suddenly felt guilty that I was hogging Nicolas and not letting him and his Daddy bond.

"You have to stop doing that, Sweetheart

"You have to stop doing that, Sweetheart." Lorenzo spoke quietly as he continued walking around the room.

"Doing what?" I asked, genuinely confused. I came back as fast as I could.

"You heard Nicolas let out that little cry and you raced right in here. I promise he will be okay if he cries for a moment." He explained.

I thought for a moment. Lorenzo isn't wrong but I hate to hear Nicolas cry. It's like my motherly instincts kick in.