Chapter 14: Ava

Lorenzo POV

Lorenzo POV

"I'm glad you like them, Tesoro

"I'm glad you like them, Tesoro. Can you take Nicolas back for a minute? I just want to go grab a vase and talk to Maria about dinner. Would you like to eat here tonight? A little less formal, yeh."

"Sure, I'm okay with whatever you want to do. I'm just glad you are home tonight." She replied with a smile.

She bent over the ottoman and gently laid the flowers back onto the butcher block paper and that's when I really looked at her. Her hair was flowing down her back and she had a simple red summer dress on. She looked beautiful. What the fuck is wrong with me? I just thought that another woman was beautiful. I shook the thoughts from my head as Lindsay turned about and had her hands out to take Nicolas. I kissed his head gently before I placed him in her arms.

Lindsay took Nicolas and pulled him close to her. She cuddled him in close and breathed in his sweet baby smell, which was possibly the best smell ever. She sat back down on the oversized chair she had been sitting on and their two bodies pretty much melted together.

"Here, let me cover you up." I told her as I grabbed a throw blanket and covered them both up.

"Thank you Lorenzo, now we are all cozy." I nodded at her and kissed her forehead then I grabbed the flowers and  left the room. Not only did I want to talk to Maria, I needed to talk to Alex too. I was in such a hurry to give Lindsay the flowers that I had forgotten that he needed to talk to me.

I closed the door quietly and Alex was waiting outside, as he should be. "Meet me at my office in 5 minutes."

"Yes, Sir." He replied with a nod.

I left him standing in the hallway and continued on my way to the kitchen. I knew Maria would be there and I would also find a vase.

I could hear the hustle and bustle of the kitchen as I got closer. At this hour everyone was all hands on deck, preparing dinner. I pushed the door open to find Maria cutting up vegetables. The door closed and it alerted everyone to my presence. The lower tier maids continued with their jobs but Maria acknowledged me.