Tang Ning buried himself in Ji Lianyun's embrace, trying hard to absorb that gentle strength. His nose, now red, twitched slightly as he sniffed the herbal scent on Ji Lianyun, not pleasant, even causing a faint pain in his wounds—

But the pain seemed to diminish.

After the storm of emotions wreaked havoc on his body, leaving only exhaustion, Tang Ning lay quietly against Ji Lianyun, feeling as if it had been a long time, yet also just a moment. He whispered, "Ji Lianyun, I'm hungry."

Ji Lianyun immediately responded, "What would you like to eat?"

"Anything is fine," Tang Ning said, lacking much appetite, but knowing he couldn't let himself go hungry.

"Okay, you'll cook now."

Tang Ning watched as Ji Lianyun left the room. Just as he was about to leave, Tang Ning suddenly realized that being alone might invite monsters, so he struggled to get out of bed, the movement causing Ji Lianyun to pause.

"Don't move."

Before Tang Ning could express his concern, he saw Ji Lianyun bite his finger, leaving a bloodstain. "With blood on the threshold, those things won't enter the house. You're too tired now, just sleep well, and you can eat when you wake up."

Tang Ning hesitated in putting on his shoes.

He looked at Ji Lianyun standing by the door and whispered, "Thank you."

Ji Lianyun smiled softly, "Thank me for what? I'm your husband."

Tang Ning was at a loss for words. He watched Ji Lianyun leave, and when everything was out of sight, he curled up in bed, taking out his phone to check the group chat.

Han Ankang: "It's now more or less confirmed that although Ji Lianyun has the ability to ward off ghosts in his human state, the effect is limited. Unless his blood is used, the Ghost Groom can protect everyone. It's advisable to have the Ghost Groom appear."

Lin Yun: "The Ghost Groom is very dangerous. We need to determine what the Ghost Groom wants, otherwise, it might backfire."

Lin Guijing: "I also support letting the Ghost Groom come out. Tomorrow's funeral will definitely be dangerous, especially if Ji Lianyun can't control the situation."

Tang Ning looked at the unanimous decision to bring out the Ghost Groom, feeling the exhaustion deepen.

He didn't want the Ghost Groom to come out.

That guy would only bully him, oh, and put on airs, playing tricks.

Tang Ning pulled the blanket over his face.

He didn't like these players either. Among them, he was probably just a tool, even though they were strangers with temporary team relationships.

If he died, died in this instance, his teammates probably wouldn't shed a single tear, nor would they bother preparing a coffin for him.

Not that he cared.

As Tang Ning thought this, he drifted off to sleep, his body sinking into extreme weakness as it always did after emotional exhaustion, this time was no exception.

The dream was a blur, unclear about what he dreamed of exactly, but he felt very tired. He vaguely heard someone calling his name, and Tang Ning was abruptly awakened in the middle of his dream.

He was so exhausted that he really didn't want to open his eyes, but the voice belonged to Ji Lianyun. Tang Ning struggled to emerge from the blanket, and as he looked through the window, he saw Ji Lianyun.

Ji Lianyun seemed exhausted, his chin resting on the windowsill, his deep eyes staring straight at him, urging Tang Ning to come out quickly.

Tang Ning could barely keep his eyes open, yawning as he clumsily put on his shoes and got out of bed. The room was small, and the distance from the bed to the window was only three or four steps, but Tang Ning, still half-asleep, moved especially slowly.

Impatient with his sluggishness, Ji Lianyun began calling his name to hurry him up.

"Tang Ning, hurry up."

Tang Ning reached for the door handle, and as he opened it, a gust of wind blew in, briefly waking him up. Suddenly, he realized a problem:

Why did Ji Lianyun suddenly call him by his full name?

Tang Ning paused, then turned his head to see Ji Lianyun's head placed on the windowsill.

As he stared, the head turned towards him, wearing a sinister smile. "Tang Ning, why aren't you crying anymore?"

Oh no!

Tang Ning, terrified, tried desperately to close the door, but the next moment, hands emerged from behind, villagers from the Ji family reaching out. Someone covered his mouth while another grabbed his wrist. Despite Tang Ning's vigorous struggles, they forcibly dragged him out of the house!

Tang Ning's mouth was stuffed with a cloth, his hands bound with hemp rope. As he watched them about to bind his ankles as well, Tang Ning let out a desperate whimper. The rough man squatting down to tie him looked up, meeting Tang Ning's bloodshot eyes.

Compared to the villagers, Tang Ning possessed a more delicate and captivating quality.

It was like comparing mud to water.

The rough hemp rope left several red marks on his wrists, and tiny cuts oozed droplets of blood. Tang Ning's mouth was stretched wide open by the excessive cloth, saliva wetting the fabric, leaving a glistening trace on his lips.

He looked utterly disheveled and distressed, tears streaming down, saliva dripping, and blood seeping out slightly, yet his face seemed even more captivating.

"What are you staring at?!" someone urged. "Quick, tie him up!"

The man snapped out of his daze, ready to tie Tang Ning's legs with the rope. However, he didn't expect Tang Ning, who seemed powerless, to suddenly kick him in the face.

Like being scratched by a cat.

Tang Ning, filled with fear, kicked the man on the ground fiercely.

Immediately regretting his action, he looked at the man who now had his shoe print on his face, his eyes filled with a viciousness that seemed ready to strike at any moment.

Tang Ning cried in fear incessantly.

The man lowered his head, tying the hemp rope around Tang Ning's feet and even making a bow, as if he were wrapping a gift for someone.

A few villagers from the Ji family arrived not far away, carrying what appeared to be a freshly made coffin. They quickly approached Tang Ning's location, one of them responsible for lifting the coffin lid. Tang Ning realized what was happening and struggled even harder, but his mouth was gagged, his hands and feet bound, leaving only his waist able to move.

The villagers effortlessly lifted Tang Ning up, and within three seconds, they swiftly placed him inside the coffin.

Since this was a newly made coffin, the group couldn't have placed anything inside, nor did they handle Tang Ning with any gentleness like refined individuals would. Tang Ning was roughly shoved into the coffin, and the back of his head knocked against the hard surface, causing him to shiver in pain, tears streaming down his face.

The smell of fresh paint from the new coffin filled his nose, making it ache. He cried as he looked at the people outside the coffin, wanting to remember their faces firmly—

If he truly died, even as a ghost, he wouldn't forget these villains!

He thought fiercely.

One of the men, meeting his gaze, hastily turned his face away, revealing the side imprinted with Tang Ning's shoe mark.

He deserved another kick!

As Tang Ning cried, he watched as the coffin lid was pushed shut, plunging him into darkness.