Chapter 20

Killer couldn't believe his non-existent eyes when he saw the Sans of this AU. With similar quirks of black tears and exposed soul on his chest, at first glance he thought he was looking into a mirror.

A least at first.

Later, when they all got back to the mansion, he took some time to observe the newbie (in times like these, he's glad that he doesn't have eyelights anymore).

The skeleton had a slight purple tint at the center of his soul, and the excretion from the eye sockets seemed gravity defying; it was evaporating into thin air after it passed his chin, unlike the tears that Killer has which stains his clothes to an annoying degree (he definitely wasn't jealous of this, really).

Another thing he noticed was how quiet the new skeleton was, and it wasn't just his dementor. The newbie hasn't said a peep the whole time a conversation about him was going on right in front of his face! Killer even tried teasing a little just to get even a small bit of reaction, only for it to fail and be scolded by Cross.

Is this guy really my variant?

The muted feeling of disappointment floated in his soul. He got his feelings up for nothing. The excitement he felt a second prior left his body as he put his attention to his two teammates.

He started to tease Cross as he heard the usual reaction of an exasperated Dust on the other side of him. This caused the usual play fight; teasing, scolding, teasing, a squawk of disbelief, more teasing, a sigh.

When they realized the disappearance of their newest member, 5 hours had already passed. The Killer look alike was nowhere to be found.

Shit, Boss's going to dust us–

And so, the rest of the time until Nightmare came back to the anxiety and fear filled house, the trio sat there on the couch with this one job they probably couldn't have screwed up, but did.

The only question on their mind was:

How the hell did the newbie disappear when there were three hypersensitive monsters in the same room?

A faint sound of laughter echoed through the walls like the wind tauntingly at their collective misery.