Chapter 1*

I stood in the middle of Snowdin, thinking, while I stared at my hands blankly.

They were skeletal with phalanges and metacarpals that moved magically. I opened and closed my still new hands.

*They look like they've been through a lot.

How did I come to this? Where was the normal I had before? ..Oh yeah, I died.

I was a Human before. Had a normal life.. well normal as it could have been. I loved Undertale, the AUs, the fandom itself and everything in between. Creations people made; fanart, their very own AUs! I read, saw, and loved. But the one thing that always kept me going was fanfictions.

The world's people made by weaving words was so magical. I was envious of the main characters. Being reincarnated into a world where there was whatever they wished for. Friends, families, a dream.

I wished and pleaded to be in one of those worlds. A good world where I don't have to be in any pain. A happy one where I can just be.

Now I just wish I hadn't.

I'm Sans now. Not Y/N, but Sans. Not the Classic, nor any of the happy ones. No, of course not. That would have been too wonderful for me.

I became one that went through hell and back.

Trying to persuade the child that isn't even one anymore. Trying to fight a demon. Killing left and right, resetting and resetting and resetting and resetting-

It wasn't always like this.

It was a peaceful world once. Infuriating Papyrus with puns, chilling at Grillby's, sleeping at my sentry post, exchanging jokes with the old lady behind the door. Just.. fun.

But then came that kid.

They didn't even try the first round. It was a neutral run.

They were frightened. Scared of what was happening. Testing their steps, trying, RESETing, SAVEing. Over and over. Until they reached the end.

I was happy. We were all happy.

Monsters were finally able to look outside of the barrier; the sun shining into a sunset. It was beautiful. But the demon was unsatisfied.

They took all of that away from us. Their memories, our freedom. It RESET.

Genocide after genocide, it never stopped. They killed my brother again and again every time, every run he gave it a chance, but its choice never changed.

I tried to stop this. Many, many times. In the duration of hundreds of RESETS, thousands of genocides...Then what?

That thing.. that megalomaniac started to offer a deal with me?

"Hey Sans~. You know, it's starting to get veeery boring. So why don't we team up to make this more interesting?"

"no"

"C'mon don't say that, it's going to be lots of fun~!"

"..."

"Aww, still mad that I killed your brother? I mean he was a sweetheart. It's sooo sad that he was naive... You know, it was kind of his fault. He really should have seen it coming =)."

Every RESET, it offered the same deal to me with a smile. Offering their blood soaked hands to me.

"You'll come to me eventually."

I don't remember what the surface looked like anymore.. Conversations started getting bleak. A part of a script; set up.

But I couldn't give up. I knew what would happen if I accepted the deal, that I would change.

But I refused to give in. To let go of hope. The possible future-

"I knew you understood me... partner."