Chapter 8*

For the past ten years, I have been in the same run without any sign of that demon child or their RESETs. 

Probably left my sorry ass to torment me with silence.

But luckily, I found someone else. A living dead Papyrus.

I mean both me and Papyrus already defined the living dead to humans, but I really meant it this time. Papyrus came back as a ghost (or a hallucination, but I can't tell which one).

When I woke up after blacking out when I first met Papyrus like that, he said that I scared him to the point that he might revive just to help me. I laughed at that.

We talked things out between us– with occasional panic attacks when I get too emotional– but it made me happy to be able to talk with Papyrus again.

Currently, I was in one of the MTT hotel rooms, splayed out on the couch with one of the human movies I found in the dump playing on the TV.

Papyrus was out somewhere exploring in his ghostly form stating that, and I quote, "Now that I don't have a physical body (although having one was nice), I'm able to explore anywhere I want! I will be right back Sans!"

This was my 11th time watching this movie.

A few minutes into the movie, I decided that I might be getting too bored and shut the TV off. I immediately stretched out my locked joints and stood up.

Being mostly bored and wanting to move around, I decided to train. I needed to burn off some energy anyway.

I headed towards the Snowdin forest.

During my time stuck in the same RESET, I was able to figure out some oddities about myself. Something small from how I can heal any injury on myself with food if it had enough magic, or how certain foods now make me sick. Or, big changes like how I can't use half of my magic abilities anymore and on top of that can have manic episodes while I am feeling 'too much'.

For a few years, I was upset that I couldn't use most of my magic anymore, but what could I do? Bring back my original body?

I got to my destination. I stood in the middle of the forest with a wide grin as I started with what I always liked doing first; spawning a wave of bones and blasters. When I fired the bones, they impaled itself through the tree bark.

One thing I knew though, was that I could still do these moves. So instead of moping around, I improved their speed every time I trained.

I mostly become a melee fighter after the 'going rogue' transition, using my dagger, but an occasional long range would never hurt me. It was kind of sad though that I couldn't test this move on living beings any time soon.

After destroying my last tree in my range. I switched to my small blades and started short distance combat training.

Twisting my body as much as I can to dodge an imaginary attack, and following it up with my own.

I kept this going for about an hour. Dodging then attacking, dodging then attacking, getting my hits on vital points of my enemy.

My breaths became shallower each twist and swing I took.

When I thought I started to have trouble breathing, I finally stopped. I looked at my hands– it was shaking from overuse.

Was I doing something wrong?

This body was still somewhat weak for some reason and I couldn't figure out why. All research and health check ups I did all stated that I was perfectly healthy, but I still felt like I could easily be dusted.

Like I still had one HP when I was still just 'Sans'...

My whole body started trembling as my breathing worsened. More tears threatening to fall over–

Taking a deep breath, I calmed myself down from what could have been a panic attack. Then, I started walking towards Grillby's to take a break and eat.