Chapter 16

Dream couldn't believe what had just happened.

He, with his friends Ink, were alerted by the massive imbalance created by a single AU and decided to go check. His other friend, Blue, decided to join in on the patrol after hearing this.

The main problem was that the imbalance only lasted enough to know the vague area of where it was from which would take time as they have to visit each AU.

So they did.

They jumped through different worlds, checking on each one until they got to the edge of the multiverse.

The collapse of the AU was sort of expected. Many alternate universes that went too far were always never to be seen or heard of again.

I still wonder why though. I should ask Ink next time.

After the AU collapsed, the creator frantically tried saving some parts of the code, only for it to slip through his fingers with none being left over for Ink to rebuild off of. The AU was lost forever into the cruel nothingness of the void.

The three of them were devastated to find out that they had yet again failed to save an AU needing their help. All because Nightmares' gang decided to interfere.

Dream sighed at the reminder of his incompetence.

This is why Nightmare was always the better twin.

The memory of Nightmares first day into insanity still lingers fresh in his mind.

Never again. The same thing won't happen ever again... b̶u̶t̶ d̶i̶d̶n̶'t̶ i̶t̶ a̶l̶r̶e̶a̶d̶y̶ h̶a̶p̶p̶e̶n̶?̶

He heard the clatters of plates from the kitchen and Blue humming. He smiled.

I'm glad I have such wonderful friends to keep me going.

As he sat in the chair at the island table connecting the living room and kitchen. A plate was served to him, containing the dish Blue favored to make.

He thanked his friend for making dinner and ate. The negative feelings wash away with each bite.

I guess it was already Tuesday. Time sure passes by fast.