Chapter 9

' Game of death!'

Evara

Please don't kill him!

I prayed, rocking back and forth while hugging myself close..
It will be the third time he hurts someone because of me. I don't know from where Kian popped out suddenly.

I was waiting for Arick in the parking area, as he had asked. From the corner of my eyes, I saw someone sneaking up behind me.

"You little slut!"

Kian grabbed my arms in a painful grip that I winced and struggled to get out of his hold. His grip tightened even more and slammed me to the pillar nearby, I coughed out loud, my words jumbling in my throat.

"I see you trapped a rich guy. Did you sleep with him or what?"

"It's not like that. Let go of me."
I hissed out, he growled and slammed his fist into the wall, I shriek and cower in fear.

Why is it always me?

Tears fell down like a stream, I heard Arick muttering something in a low voice and rustling steps.
No matter what Kian did, he didn't deserve to die.
But, does he really?
I hung my head low, in order to not think about it and kept praying that Kian will be spared safely.

Even though he did unforgivable acts in the past. It was in the past.
I do not wish for him to be killed, I don't want anything that's connected with Kian. I was going to live my life as if he ceased to exist for me. That was the initial plan.

But now, with Arick, I can't tell him to spare Kian, it will only get worse. For Kian!

I jumped up in my seat when the door opened and he took his seat, driving away immediately. I grabbed underneath the seat tightly, when he made a violent left turn. But my hands were all sweaty so it slipped and I went flying towards his side.

"Fuck!" He growled and hit the brake that caused us to jerk forward.

But before my head could hit the dashboard, Arick's veiny arms came into my view, and I collided with his arms instead. He pushed me back and within a flash fixed the seatbelt for me.

I did not have the guts to look at his face right now. But I know for sure his stare is definitely as cold as ice.

Just like always, I didn't have a clue where we were going, and I am not going to ask him.
Not now.
Not in this life.

"Who was that?" Arick gritted out with so much hatred laced in each word.

I swallowed a big lump, my tongue felt too heavy to lift but I can't stay silent on this one. Can I?

"He's my relative-"

"Ah! A relative you'd pray so hard for?"
He cut me off with a snort before I could finish.

There's no way he heard it! But, I can't deny that too.

"What's his name?"

"Kian"
I said, avoiding his stares. It was silent after that, but I had a feeling it's silence before a deadly storm.

Arick clicked his tongue and chuckled, now somehow utterly calm.

"The one that asked you to marry!"

My eyes went wide as saucers and I forgot how to breathe as the air got stuck in my lungs. How did he know about it?I turned to look at him but it was a grave mistake.