Chapter 4

'The Devil.'

Evara

"Let me go.. please!"

It was my hundredth time that I begged him, but his face didn't even change a bit. The man who was speaking earlier was now totally silent as he pushed me in the corner of the luxurious car.

Yes, I tried to unlock the door but it wouldn't even budge. And when I even move my hands he will immediately glance at me. He will just stare at me as if daring me to do.

"I won't tell anyone about you. Please just... My mother is hospitalised and- and we don't have anyone beside each other."
I said in between my hiccups, but it didn't even affect him. As if he's made of iron or he doesn't have a heart.

"I beg you.. please." I breathe out one more time. The car ride wasn't ending anytime soon, my heart sank more when I saw the sign board. We were on the highway.

Are we going out of the city?

No!

"No.. No.. My mom- she'll die.. Please-"

"Don't worry about her. Talk to our boss when we get there. He's the only one who can decide on this matter."

I watched him with wide eyes, as I hiccuped uncontrollably. The realisation dawned upon me and I tried not to be a crying mess. But still, the streak of tears ran down even more at his statement.

Right! He wasn't acting on his own. He's just following orders. My begging and pleading won't move him because he's merely an obedient servant of the evil master who's ordering him from somewhere else.

Did I just seal my fate??

The rest of the ride was silent, where he didn't utter any single words. I also didn't beg him anymore, rather I made myself busy by getting mentally prepared to negotiate with the real monster. Whether it would turn good or bad for me, I will make sure my mom won't suffer.

I should be able to achieve that,at the very least.

Hours later, the car gradually stopped near the huge gate, the guards hurriedly opened the black gate. I gasped at the beautiful mansion that was partly lit up in dim lights.
I stared in awe, but when the car stopped on the front porch, my heartbeat rose to its limit, something heavy settled deep inside me.

My gut feeling was telling me to run and hide..

The man gripped my arm but not as tight as earlier. He pushed the door open and we slid inside, while I was mesmerised by the dimly lit mansion that I've seen just in movies. I couldn't shrug away the nauseous feeling and the urgency to puke until my stomach turned inside out.

He dragged me all the way to the huge and expensive couch and made me sit while he walked behind me and whispered something to that one guy who was standing on the foot of the spiral stairway.

Not even a second later, a loud footsteps thundered across the room. I sucked in a large breath, sweating profusely.

What if he doesn't even listen to me? What if he turns out to be a sadist - human trafficker - organ supplier or worse a psycho!

So many what ifs, made my heartbeat rose with each second.

"Sir, she's her!"

"I can see that."
All of the little hope shattered when I heard a grumpy ,and low growl behind me.
I didn't even dare to look at it.

I gulped when the footsteps began to approach the couch. I don't know what happened but all of the men moved or walked away, at once.

My head was hanging low, kudos to that I can only see the black costly shoes. I gulped again, at the uncertainty.