Chapter 6

Will answered Nico's call instantly and held his phone up to his ear.
"Hey." Will sighed out, running his fingers through his hair.
"You sound tired." Nico said, his voice soft.

Will smiled and he sighed as he laid back on his bed.
"I am tired. Tired of not being able to just hang out with my mom with no interruptions." Will stated.
"Will, I'm sure she wants to hang out without interruptions with you too, but... it's difficult." Nico sighed.
"I mean, she's a popular singer."
Will frowned. "Yeah, I know."

"So, what do you want to talk about?" Nico asked.
Will hummed quietly as he stared up at the ceiling.
"Uhh... well, how was your day?" Will asked.
Nico stayed silent for a few moments.
"Tiring." Nico said quietly.
"I mean, my nonni, they're... so frustrating. And then the restaurant, my shift was sort of shit. There was a group of girls our age who attempted to flirt with me. Here's the best part about that, I wear a gay pride flag pin on my uniform. And I told them I wasn't into girls but they insisted."

Will grimaced.
"Eugh...I'm so sorry." Will said.
"Yeah, they're the reason I ended my shift early and Bianca had to drop me off home. I was ready to just strangle one of them." Nico huffed.
Will smiled.
"That's exactly how I feel whenever my mom is too busy with her fans. Except I have no one to take me home." Will said.
"Yeah, but now you can message me." Nico said.
Will couldn't stop smiling.
"Yeah... you're actually great to talk to." Will stated, fiddling with his shirt as he stared up at the ceiling.

"... Do you think your mom will have to step out of dinner at some point tomorrow?" Nico asked.
Will sucked in a breath.
"Hard to say." Will said.
"Sometimes she can ignore her agency's calls, other times she can't. I guess we'll see how important this dinner is to her."
"Mmh..." Nico hummed.

"What time should we go over there anyway?" Will asked.
"Oh, I think around 5pm should be good." Nico said.
"I'll keep that in mind then." Will nodded.
"So, what are you even up to right now?"
"Nothing really." Nico responded.

"I was just listening to some music, Bianca and my mamma are still at the restaurant."
"You're still home alone?" Will frowned.
"The restaurant closes at 9:30, so... they'll be home around 10pm, I won't be alone for much longer." Nico said.

Will fiddled with his shirt.
"Think we could facetime instead? I want to see you." Will said.
"... Sure, yeah." Nico said.
"Give me a moment, I'll call back."
Nico had hung up and Will took his phone away from his ear. He sat up and he ruffled his hair, unsure how he looked.

A few moments passed and Nico called Will again, this time facetiming him. Will accepted the call and he smiled as he saw Nico who was ruffling his own hair as he stared at himself through his camera.
"Heya cutie." Will said.
Nico rolled his eyes, smiling.
"Keep it up Solace and I'll hang up." Nico said, looking at Will.
"God, you look tired..."

Will frowned.
"That's not very nice di Angelo." Will said, pouting at Nico.
"It's a fact, Will." Nico said, studying Will's face.
Will noticed how Nico studied his face and he felt his cheeks warm up.

"Was today really that bad?" Nico asked.
Will sighed.
"Let's not talk about today anymore. I don't have the energy to get pissed off." Will said.
"Ugh, that's a mood." Nico sighed out.
Will smiled and Nico couldn't help but smile back.

"Alright then, let's talk about something else." Nico said.
"Okay, what if we tell each other facts about ourselves?" Will asked.
"Soo... basically finish what we were doing last night then?" Nico questioned.
Will nodded. Nico hummed.

"Alright. My favourite colour is purple." Nico stated.
Will hummed.
"Okay... well then my favourite colour is yellow!" Will exclaimed.
"So our favourite colours are complementary to each other."
Nico raised his eyebrows.

"Erm... what does that mean?" Nico questioned.
"Y'know how the colours on the colour wheel have complementary colours? Colours that go well with each other?" Will tilted his head.
"Like... blue goes with orange, red goes with green and then yellow goes with purple."
Nico hummed.
"Mmh... okay, that's cool." Nico smiled at Will.

"Uh... another fact..." Nico mumbled.
"Oh! I love reading classic literature."
Will smiled.
"Who's your favourite author?" Will asked.
"I don't have a particular favourite author but I like Luigi Pirandello's book called 'Il fu Mattia Pascal'." Nico smiled at Will.

"It's about Mattia Pascal who's a...erm...bibliotecario? What's that word again...?"
Nico furrowed his eyebrows, unsure what the English word for bibliotecario was. Will thought about it.
"A librarian?" Will questioned.
Nico snapped his fingers and nodded.
"Yeah! A librarian! Anyway, he reads a newspaper one day and apparently everyone thinks he's dead." Nico said.
"He then decides to start a new life and disappear."
Will hummed, nodding.

"I'll have to check it out... there must be an English version of it somewhere." Will said, thinking to himself.
Nico smiled.
"It's really interesting. I definitely recommend reading it." Nico said.

"Alright... something about me now..." Will said to himself.
"Uh, I can play guitar."
Nico raised his eyebrows.
"Oh? Did your mother inspire you to learn how to play guitar?" Nico asked.
"Sort of." Will smiled.
"My dad was also a musician so... I guess I just wanted to feel closer to him since I've never known him."
Nico hummed.

"Mmh, so are you planning on becoming a musician when you're older?" Nico questioned, tilting his head.
"Nah." Will shook his head.
"I have a knack for healing, so I think I'll become a doctor when I'm older."
Nico raised his eyebrows.
"Wow~ Dr. Solace, good luck with that." Nico grinned.
Will smiled.
"Well, what do you want to be?" Will asked.
Nico blinked and he shrugged.
"Erm... I'm not sure." Nico said.

"M-maybe a... erm... scrittore?"
"Scrittore?" Will tilted his head.
"Like an author but... I don't know if that's exactly what I want to be." Nico clarified.
"Oh! A writer!" Will exclaimed.
Nico nodded, making Will smile.
"That's cool. Have you looked into courses for writing?"
"Well... My cousin, Percy, his girlfriend is planning on being an architect and also taking a writing course in America, she says that there's a chance I could move over there and take those classes." Nico said.

"I don't know. I'll have to talk to my mamma about it."
Nico shrugged.
Will hummed, nodding.
"Well, I think that sounds really awesome." Will smiled.
"And if you move to America and we're still friends... then we could maybe see each other. Where is this college again?"
"Erm... nearby New York, I think?" Nico furrowed his eyebrows.
Will hummed again.

"Well-"
Will stopped himself as the hotel door opened and his mother entered.
"Oh, gotta go." Will smiled at Nico.
"I'll message you later."
"Mmh, arrivederci Will." Nico said.
"Bye Nico." Will said, waving slightly at Nico before hanging up.

Will set his phone aside and looked at his mother. Naomi smiled at Will.
"You could've stayed on that call with your new friend, dear." Naomi said as she made her way over to Will.
"Nah, it's okay." Will smiled at his mom.

"Uhm, so is everything okay?"
Naomi sat down beside Will and wrapped her arm around him.
"Yeah, yeah... I managed to pull some strings and I got four free tickets for you and your friend." Naomi smiled.
"Ah-" Will began to nod.
Will then processed what his mother said and he blinked at her.
"What? Y-you didn't have to-" Will began.

Naomi kissed Will's head.
"Will, I want you to have a nice time. And I was going to get you a ticket for my last concert here... but I had a feeling you'd like to bring your friend... and to ensure you had an adult supervising you two, I decided Nico's mother should have a ticket, and I couldn't leave out Nico's poor sister." Naomi smiled at her son.
Will smiled at his mother and he rested his head onto her shoulder.
"Thank you..."Will said softly.
"Of course, Will." Naomi sighed out as she rubbed Will's arm and held him closer.

Okay, Will loved his mom, especially when she managed to pull strings and do things like this for him. It made him feel appreciated.

And Will was excited to tell Nico and his family the news tomorrow during dinner.

---------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 1449