Chapter 1

A/N: For the sake of being able to understand what Nico or other characters are saying, anytime someone is speaking Italian, any point in this fanfic, it will be written in italics unless if it's a word or two that's easy to understand without a translation or in context.

---------------------------------------------------------

Will sighed out softly as he took a seat at a table which was by the window in a café. Will took his bag off of his shoulder and set it down onto the floor beside him. Will looked outside and he watched as people walked by, going about their normal days.

Venice was a beautiful city in Italy. Will had visited other cities in Italy, and of course he had visited many other countries when he travelled with his mother, but his favourite country was definitely Italy.

Will was going to be alone for majority of the day. His mother was preparing for her concert later on in the evening, so she gave him some euros and told him to explore the city a little bit. Will decided that coming to a café first would be a smart choice.

Will glanced at the menu that was on the table and he picked up the menu. He scanned the items on the menu and he bit his lip as he wasn't sure what to order.

"Good morning, are you ready to order?"
Will looked over and a waitress smiled at him. Will gulped and he gave the waitress a small smile.
"Erm... yes, can... C-can I... Uhm..." Will struggled to speak.
"Could you give us a moment, ma'am?"
Will blinked as he looked over and noticed a boy around his age, standing by the chair across from Will. The boy smiled at the waitress. The waitress nodded and she walked away.

Will looked at the male who took a seat across from him.
"Your accent is strange. Where are you from?" The male asked, tilting his head at Will.
Will stared at the male. His hair was incredibly messy and a little long, quite shaggy-looking. When he spoke English, his Italian accent came through. He sounded cute. Really cute.

"Erm... Austin, Texas." Will stated.
"Y-you speak English?"
"... No, I speak Italian." The male smiled at Will.
"Yes. Is it not obvious?"
Will felt his cheeks warm up.
"So, what do you want?" The male asked.
"... Is it possible for me to ask for your name?" Will asked, tilting his head.
"Nico." Nico said, leaning back against the chair.
"What's your name and what do you want to order?"
"Will, and can I get some coffee?" Will smiled at Nico.

Nico stared at Will.
"Sure. So you're a tourist?" Nico questioned.
"Well... I guess?" Will shrugged.
"My mother has a concert for a few nights in Italy, so I'm just exploring the city while she's preparing for it."
Nico raised his eyebrows.
"Your mother has a concert...? Wait, so your mother is Naomi Solace-?" Nico began.

"Are we ready now?"
Nico looked over at the waitress.
"Ah, please could we get two cups of coffee? And a biscuit too, please." Nico said, smiling.
"I will be back with your order then." The waitress smiled as she walked off.
Nico turned back to Will.

"Is your mother Naomi Solace?" Nico asked, his eyes sparkling.
Will sort of felt uncomfortable.
"... Yeah." Will mumbled, slightly awkwardly.
Great. Now that this cute stranger knew that his mother was Naomi Solace, he was going to try and get Will to get him to get some free tickets or to meet her and-
"That's cool. My older sister loves her music. She couldn't get tickets, our Mamma says we don't have the money for that." Nico sighed out.

Will blinked at Nico. He expected more from him.
"... You're not going to ask if I can get you free tickets?" Will asked.
"God, why would I ask a stranger for free tickets to his mother's concert?" Nico furrowed his eyebrows at Will.
"No, of course not."