Chapter 9

Will whistled to himself as he was leaning against the outside of the café, on his phone, looking up every now and then to see if Nico had arrived yet.

Will looked over to his right and he noticed Nico on his phone as he was walking over. Will smiled and he stopped leaning against the wall, about to head over and greet the male but he stopped as a girl around their age seemed to approach Nico.

Will bit his lower lip and he watched for a few moments as this girl seemed to be talking to Nico, and Nico seemed... well a little annoyed. Will quickly made his way over.

"Tesoro!"
Nico looked over and his cheeks warmed up as he realised Will was coming over. The female who was with Nico glanced over at the blonde who approached them.
"Uhm... who is this?" The girl asked, looking at Nico as Will went over and wrapped his arm around Nico's shoulder.
Nico reluctantly brought his hand up to Will's hand which was around him and held it.

"This is my boyfriend! I'm afraid I can't go on a date with you, sorry." Nico smiled apologetically at the girl.
Will looked at their hands and he looked at Nico. The girl glanced between Will and Nico.
"Ah, well... have a good day." The girl smiled at Nico.
The girl looked at Will and Will smiled at the girl. The girl cleared her throat and walked away, leaving the two boys.

"... So, what happened here?" Will asked as he and Nico began to walk off themselves.
Will still had his arm around Nico and Nico let go of Will's hand.
"She was interested in me." Nico said.
"I attract a lot of girls for some reason."
"Right... And what did you say to her just there?" Will questioned.
Nico bit his lower lip.

"... I may have said you were my boyfriend as an excuse?" Nico shrugged.
Will raised his eyebrows.
"Nico di Angelo! If you wanted to-" Will began.
"Will, you called me treasure." Nico stated, looking up at the blonde.
"And you wrapped your arm around me. It made sense to call you my boyfriend, especially since it seemed you were... being protective over me?"

Nico had a devious grin on his face and Will gulped. Will cleared his throat and he looked away.
"What? Me? Protective of you? No! I know you can handle yourself!" Will exclaimed.
"Ah, so it was jealousy then?" Nico raised his eyebrows at Will.
Will scoffed and he smiled, still looking away from Nico.

"We're changing the subject. Where are we going?" Will asked, his arm still around Nico's shoulder.
"Some sort of clothing shop. I need to buy something for your mom's concert tomorrow." Nico sighed.
"You don't have clothes at home that you could wear?" Will raised his eyebrows at Nico.
"Well, I need new clothes anyway and... maybe I can find something cute." Nico shrugged.

"Awh, but you're adorable in whatever you wear, tesoro." Will smiled at Nico, giving his shoulder a squeeze.
Nico rolled his eyes.
"I think I regret telling you to call me tesoro." Nico stated, looking up at Will.
"Oh, you love it." Will said, grinning at Nico.

"... Alright Sunshine, let's get our shopping done and maybe we can go over to the restaurant and grab dinner there again."
"Ooh, I can't wait!"

*****

"Come on Nico!" Will called out from outside the changing room.
"I'm sure you look great! Let's see it!"
"Give me a second! I just... need to build up my confidence!!" Nico called from inside the changing room.

Will sighed out softly and he looked at the shirts he had in his arms. He had already picked out a few clothing items to buy, now he was just helping Nico pick out some stuff.

The changing room door opened and Will let out a sigh of relief.
"Finally-" Will began.
Will blinked at Nico and Nico fiddled with his hands.
"Uhm... so?" Nico questioned, looking at Will for feedback.
Will looked at Nico up and down and he gulped.
"...Wow."Will nodded.
"Yeah, you look... you look good."

Nico wore a pair of ripped jeans and this plain dark grey t-shirt along with a button up black shirt over it, with the sleeves ravelled up and only a few of the buttons buttoned. Nico's necklace, with an amethyst crystal dangling from it, was clearer to see now and he had a choker around his neck.

"Really? I mean, it feels plain and-" Nico began.
"Do you feel comfortable?" Will asked, tilting his head at Nico.
Nico rubbed his arm with his hand.
"Uhm... yeah, I feel comfortable." Nico nodded.
"All that matters is that you're comfortable and that you look... great." Will smiled at Nico.

"Definitely buy all of this! I think this'll look good for the concert tomorrow."
Will took a step forward and he tugged at the black shirt, winking at Nico. Nico seemed to get all nervous and he backed into the changing room.

"Ah! Okay! Uhm... one moment." Nico said, his cheeks turning red as he raised a finger to Will.
Will smiled as he backed away and Nico shut the door to the changing room.

"So, once we've bought all of this, are we just going to head to the restaurant then?" Will asked.
"Uhm... if you want, sure. Do you not want to look at any other clothes shops?" Nico questioned as he was getting changed back into his original outfit.
"No, no! I think I'm good with the stuff I picked out here. If anything I'll go real quickly on Sunday before me and my mom have to leave for our flight back." Will said.

There was a silence and Will furrowed his eyebrows.

"You're leaving Sunday?" Nico questioned, his voice a bit more quiet now.
"Uhm... yeah, I thought I mentioned that I was here for like a week or something to you?" Will said, unsure what was up with Nico all of a sudden.
"Well... yeah, but..." Nico seemed to fumble.

"Fuck, you're leaving too soon."
"Tesoro, I can't understand Italian, remember?"
"I- sorry, it's nothing. Uhm, I'll be out in a minute, Sunshine."

Will stayed silent as he kicked the ground. Was Nico going to miss him? Is that what this was about?

The door opened and Nico had the clothing he had changed out of around his arms and he walked out.
"Let's go pay." Nico managed a smile at Will.
Will quickly followed behind Nico.
"Want me to pay for all of this-?" Will asked.
"No, no, I'll treat you. Your mother got us free tickets, this is the least I can do!" Nico exclaimed.

"Tesoro-" Will began.
"Sunshine." Nico glanced back at Will.
The two held eye contact and Will sighed.
"Fine. Okay. You're paying." Will said, shrugging.

*****

"Oh! Niccolo! Thank God you're here!"
Nico blinked as his mother went over to him and placed her hands on his shoulders.
"Can you quickly get changed into your uniform in the back and help out? It's busy and-"

Maria then noticed Will, Will smiled at Maria.
"Hi, Miss di Angelo." Will said, raising his hand for a moment.
"Will! Hello!" Maria smiled at Will.
Maria then looked at Nico.
"Nevermind, you have fun with your friend and-"

"Mamma, I'll help." Nico stated, taking his mother's hands into his.
"Maybe Will could help out too? Just with serving the drinks perhaps?"
Maria bit her lower lip before she looked at Will.
"Honey, I am so sorry, but do you think that you could help out?" Maria asked.
"All you have to do is carry the drinks and meals to our customers."
Will blinked and he looked at Nico. Nico smiled at Will.

"You don't have to. It's just apparently it's busy, so I'll have to help out and-" Nico began.
"I'll help." Will smiled.
Will looked at Maria and nodded.
"I will help."
"Awh, such a sweet boy! I will thank your mother, I will pay you something-!" Maria began.
"It's okay, honestly." Will said, shaking his head.

"Niccolo, take Will to the back and see if there's any spare uniforms for him to wear." Maria said, looking at her son.
"Yes, okay. I'll get to work as soon as we're ready." Nico smiled.
"Will, c'mon. We gotta get changed into our uniforms."
Nico walked off and Will quickly followed behind Nico.

---------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 1414