Chapter 22 - Until the Earth Stops Turning: Blaze

We stop a few miles out from her house, I'd pulled into a dirt track and killed the engine.

My fingers hold the steering wheel, with a white knuckled grip making the leather squeak. I stare out the window with a frown marring the skin between my eyebrows. My teeth clench as my jaw ticks.

This is a bad idea.

Surprise and irritation lances through me at the thought. This was everything I had worked for, I should have been buzzing with the adrenaline to take this fucker down.

"Hey, what's wrong?"

I hear Davina's whisper, but I can't look at her, knowing she was part of the downfall. I want nothing more to turn around and take her as far away as possible and pretend this shit never happened. So, I don't move.

She reaches her arm out to me and places it on mine. A shock of electric bolts through me at her touch.

Slowly she runs it down my arm and loosens my hand on the wheel, I relent and let her take it. She pulls it to her lap and rubs circles into my palm, tracing the lines there and I let out a loose breath.

"If you don't want to do this, Blaze then we can turn around now. I won't beg you to continue with the plan. My father has already made you lose so much."

Davina's gentle voice floats in the silence as she waits for me to pull myself together. I believe her every word, that she wouldn't put up a fight or try and convince me to do this if I don't want to, and I fall in love with her a little bit more.

I remove my other hand from the wheel and turn in my seat until I'm facing her, placing my free hand under her chin to make her look at me. The bruises on her neck making me wince, knowing it was my hands that formed them.

"He made you lose so much more, Mea Davina." I swallow the lump that forms in my throat at all he's done to her. "We will do this together, you and me. We will rise from the ashes he created and be the monsters he made us to be. Let's fucking terrorise him." I growl.

I crush my lips to hers and she gasps. It's not a soft kiss, its rough and angry. I put every emotion I'm feeling into it. Letting the taste of her fill me up until I can breathe again.

She grips my shirt, pulling me close like she can't get enough. Our tongues tangling and soft moans filling up the car. Her moans go straight to my cock, and it takes everything in me not to rip her clothes off and ravage her on the side of the road.

We break apart, sucking air into our lungs as I rest my forehead on hers.

"Why did that feel like a goodbye?" She chokes on a sob.

"Not a goodbye, love. A promise"

I kiss her forehead and pull back to look at her, to memorise the soft edges of her face, the light dusting of freckles over her nose. The warm liquid of her eyes and her now puffy and swollen lips. She does the same to me, taking her time to absorb this moment, I give her a soft smile and her eyes instantly fall to the dimple I know is now showing.

She leans forward and places a soft kiss on it.

"I love your dimples. I love your strong body. I love your heart."

Her fingers lightly touch the places as she says them and finally rest over my heart as it pounds in my chest.

"I love you, Blaze."

Her eyes are locked on mine, and I can't fight the smile that breaks out on my face.

"I love you too, Mea Davina. Always have, always will."