Chapter 14 - A Thousand Suns: Blaze

One second I could feel her under my fingertips and the next, there was only an echo of where she was.

Scars, raised but faded from time were bundled together at the backs of her thighs. I had just wanted to check her for any other cuts or bruises and I'd nearly missed them until they glittered in the soft light of the room.

It made me want to tear off her clothes and see all the others he had left on her, to peel back the layers of her mind and discover all the scars that were no longer visible.

She'd wrenched from my grasp and as she sat on the ottoman, her hands gripping the edge so tightly her knuckles were turning white, I saw the panic in her eyes. Until it morphed into something else entirely.

She wasn't here with me anymore, she was back in that memory and having to relive it again. My heart twisted with despair at all she had been through, was going through.

Her short, shallow breathes spurred me into action until I was once again on my knees in front of her. Pulling her hands out of the death grip on the bench and placing them on my thundering heart.

My hands reach up and pull her head to face me, my fingers gripped in her auburn locks and tugging gently.

"Baby, look at me! I need you to breathe. Fucking Breath Davina, please!"

The plea tore from my mouth, desperation bleeding into my tone but I couldn't give a fuck.

"Come back to me, love. Come back." My voice cracking on the last words. 

It wasn't working, I tried counting with her, shaking her gently, tugging harder on her hair but not wanting to make it hurt, not wanting to make her hurt anymore than she had already.

So I did the only other thing I could think of, that I hadn't stopped thinking about since I saw her again for the first time in so long. The one thing I'd wanted to do since the other half of my heart walked into that office. To finish what we barely started back in her room.

I kissed her.

Soft at first, barely a brush of our lips. I pulled back, my eyes scanning her face and body for any signs that her panic attack was easing.

Still not working, so I tried again. I pressed a little harder and longer, I repeated the movement a few times and just as I was about to give up, her mouth responded to mine.

She kissed me back and I swear I ascended to the heavens in that moment. The kiss turned frantic and messy, her hands gripping my hoody in a death grip and pulling me as close as I could physically get to her. Her short breaths turning from panic into soft moans.

I couldn't get enough of her, the feel of those pretty pink lips, the taste. And it was clear she felt the same as she pulled herself flush with my chest, until she was sinking down into my lap and straddling me.

One of my hands left her hair to her lower back, pulling her until our hips were aligned perfectly. She moaned again and I felt it go straight to my dick. I parted the seam of her lips with my tongue and she granted me entrance, our tongues tangling in a dance as if we'd had all this time to practice.

Kissing her felt like dancing amongst the stars, the desire between us blazing like the heat from a thousand suns and I revelled in the way it scorched our bones.

It was everything I had ever imagined and and yet not at all. She consumed me in a way no dream could ever emulate. 

Our chest were heaving now and the friction between our bodies was torture. I wanted her so fucking badly, craved the taste of her to sate my addiction. It would be so easy to take this further but the need to take care of her was stronger.