10. Rain shower

I walked along the street, well more like stomped as the anger just kept on rising in me. Who does this guy think he is? Acting as if I should be happy about the way they were treating me. Just because I wasn't locked in their basement.

What the fuck was wrong with him?! This whole behavior today, acting all nice as if he didn't see any problem in what has happened. Only to show his true colors then once again. Never have I once asked him to glue himself onto me to watch my every move.

Watching me. That's all that they were doing. I couldn't be alone and honestly I wouldn't even be surprised if he really makes sure that someone has to watch me at night, if they weren't already. They were probably stationed somewhere in front of my apartment where I couldn't see them from my window.

I couldn't even use my fucking phone anymore without him snooping around in it! And then I should be grateful for that because 'it could have been worse'?! Of course it could have been worse, but that doesn't mean that this, what they were doing, was any better.

And then that they were really doing a fucking background check about me. As if he hasn't made one himself. I wonder what they all knew about me. Probably no one I have even had a small chat with is save anymore, let alone the people that are really dear to me.

A honk snapped me out of my thoughts. Startled I looked at the street beside me. There was V, driving slowly in my walking tempo with the window rolled down. He leaned down a bit so we could see each other while he keept on driving.

"Get in the car.." he yelled over the loud noise from the rain. I turned my head back forward, ignoring him as I kept on walking "Y/N.. get in! I'll drive you home!" he yelled again.

I rolled my eyes but still decided to ignore him. I'd rather walk than spend one more minute with him. I was already drenched, so it wouldn't make much difference anyways if I get inside or not.

I heard him sigh silently before he honked again, probably hoping I would give him attention by that. I pressed my lips together, annoyed as I tried to fasten my pace.

"Please.. I'm sorry.." he said. I turned my head to him, surprised that he apologized. He gave me a small, sad smile as he saw that I was looking at him.

"You'll catch a cold at this rate.." he said and I scoffed. As if he would care. I showed him the middle finger as I kept on walking. I turned my head forward again, hoping he would just let me be for once.

He mumble something under his breath before his car suddenly disappeared out of the corner of my eye. Maybe he had finally given up. I was curious and wanted to turn my head, but kept myself from that. I don't care anyways if he is gone.

I felt shivers run down my spine as a cold gust of wind blew harshly around my neck. I sighed but kept on walking. Better to catch a cold than to be catched by him.

I should be able to make it home in about half an hour. After that I'll just take a hot shower to warm up and it'll be okay. At least better than the other options I had.

I froze slightly as I heard fast footsteps approaching me but decided to keep on walking. Was it him? Was he really following me now by foot? I groaned slightly as I quickened my pace again, hoping that if it was him he wouldn't catch up.

The footsteps turned silent again, deafened by the loud rain hitting my surroundings. But not me. Confused I glanced up, realizing that an umbrella was held above me, saving me from the rain. His umbrella.

I followed with my eyes down the stick and looked at the tall hand that was holding the handle near me. He was walking right behind me with the same pace, holding the umbrella above us.