5. The Cult

"Join us." the tall man in front of me said. Was this some kind of test? Where they really serious? I frowned at the man in front of me, trying to figure out what his true intentions were. What kind of sick joke was that?

"Join you..?" I slowly repeated after I realized that he waited for me to say something. The tall man, as well as some of the others, standing in the background were nodding. "You want me to join a bunch of.. criminals..?" I asked to make sure I didn't understand this wrong and he nodded again.

The room stayed quiet for a moment. Why would he want me to join them? And join with what exactly? I didn't even know what they were doing, except for apparently stealing, stalking, threatening, probably killing, kidnapping and now bribing. So what exactly were they? Thieves? Dealers? Just an underground gang? Whatever that weird little organization of them was, it didn't sound like something I wanted to be a part of.

"Yes" the man in front of me agreed as I stayed quiet again "A bunch of criminals.." he repeated. Well, at least he wasn't denying that. "Why should I?" I asked, crossing my arms in front of my chest. Of course I know that my 'benefit' would be that they wouldn't kill me, but I think they owe me more than just that.

The masked man stayed quiet for a second, probably not expecting that answer. "Well, if you prefer to die I can arrange that too.." he stated, making me frown. "So it's either join you or get killed?!" I stated, making him shrug "Pretty simple, huh?" he answered sarcastically. I pressed my lips together as I looked at him.

I didn't want to just agree to that. That was so fucked up. I know I didn't have much of a choice. But I didn't want them to think that I was just desperately agreeing to them so I wouldn't get killed. "Hyung, can I-" "No." the man in front of me cut the thief off. I glanced at the back where he was standing, turning silent after his leader spoke.

I glanced away from him, turning my head to the window. Was he really just waiting for me to agree or disagree? Without telling me anything about their doings, their conditions or at least something that would be beneficial for me expect for not getting killed? How should I know I could trust them? What would they have me do?

My heart was pounding as I felt my time tick out. How long were we going to stand in silence? Would they just kill me if I decide to not say anything? I licked my dry lips nervously as I adverted my eyes back to the man in front of me. I couldn't show him my fear. He would just tear me apart.

"I won't accept just like that.." I stated, trying to sound more confident then I was feeling. I might be playing with fire right now, but it was better than just giving in without knowing anything. The man in front of me scoffed, tilting his head. "So you choose death?" he asked. I glanced behind him as I saw movement among the others but I couldn't identify where it came from as everyone stood still.

"If you want me to join you I want to-" "You're not in the position to make demands." he cut me off. I clenched my jaw, trying to stay calm. I adverted my eyes back to the others, frowning as I saw the thief, V, put off his mask. He held the edge of it as he let his hand fall to the side, using the other to remove the hood from his head.

He looked at me sternly, remembering me what he had said before we left the garage. I rolled my eyes at him. Who does he think he is? I'm not gonna throw my life away just like this. Just for their pleasure. If I'm going to agree to this, only to end up living in their basement for the rest of my life, I would rather take the bullet.

The leader turned his head over his shoulder, looking at the thief. V returned his gaze, raising an eyebrow at his leader "She already saw my face anyways.." he said with a shrug. The leader sighed and turned back to me, not in the mood to deal with him. I on the other hand glanced back at V, wondering why he was acting like this. Wasn't he the first one who wanted to kill me?