Segment 6

" How is your university going? it's been 2 weeks,I didn't ask though "

" Well,it's going perfect,you know studying here was one of my dreams and if you weren't there,how would i get in Afreen"

" Sisters are meant to do this for each other,you don't need to thank me, every single hours of our will improve,I promise,I'll never let us face the life we bared in our childhood,I'll take revenge,let me once become a fighter pilot dear" Afreen held Hafza's freezing cold hands after leaping into the bed and  sighed.

" ok,we don't need to talk about our past again,let's go grab coffee?" She stood still in her pyjamas.

" Sure,let me change"

Few moments later,they drew towards the coffee shop where Hafza found one of her university friends.

" I'm sorry Afreen,if you don't mind ,can i join their company for a while?I'll be back from the club within hours,they're insisting,Kate's there too,my university friend " Hafza stared Afreen with puppy eyes.

" Sure Hafza,you can ,i won't mind" she handed her the car keys.

It was the nearest coffee shop from the apartment,she  saw his bike parked beside the back wall of café.

" Shit"

" shit"

" you again"

" you again"

Both were astounded.

" I don't expect you ,but you always pop up out of no where ,when will i get rid of you" she stared him.

" Exactly! I also don't have any desires to meet you,get that in your empty head" Ghufran bemoaned

" At least we can grab a coffee,shouldn't we?" He changed his statement.

" O, hello, lunatic,psychopath,idiot,one second you jump on me for a fight and the other you ask for coffee,I don't understand you i swear" Afreen bemoaned in return.

" Well,it's not a no at least "

" Mister ! That's an absolute no! Get out of your delusional head, cringe!"

" Ok ,ok! Whatever, who do you think you are? I'm a straight forward man,i wanted to talk to that's it ,but you? " He bemoaned.

The café was beside the ocean ,it was evening time.Few rain drops were seen while ocean breeze was cold. The porous ocean sand was  polished and sparkled by golden hour of setting sun.Sun shone on his hazel eyes, while he sipped the cappuccino.An hour passed,there was still no sign of talks.Seemed like two statues were confronting each other.

" Well,how did you become Amal's friend,like she is a beautiful sensible women" She rolled her golden hoops.

"What do you mean by that," Sensible enough?" He spilled the coffee.

" So any background,like why you're here from Ukraine? Amal told me back then?" Instead  of answering  his question,she changed the subject .

" So , i am an entrepreneur here , but i have my joining at the aviation school in Ukraine from next year,my father was the one so he wants me to be "He continued sipping .

" Amal told me you have also given the fighter pilot interview,is that true so? I don't believe, " Ghufran raised his eyebrows.

" There's a whole big story, a " Ukrainian officer " assassinated my whole family " she concluded while the word Ukrainian was more prominent from her tongue.

" I feel sorry ,but Ukrainians aren't that bad ,like look at me" He rolled his eye balls towards hers.

"Exactly! I myself have never seen an amazing person like you"She taunted.

" That's all about me, and also aviation had been my dreams,what else about you?"

" That's also all about me, I don't open up my plans, don't try to get free," Afreen made a mouth.

"Wait,what? Who is getting free with whom? You talked to me first ,such a hypocrite!"

A pretty good understanding was developed in between but the hatred was still there,feeling of resentment for one another was not gone.Afreen grabbed her Dior bag,stared him for a while and left.

" She was just talking to me calmly and now she's leaving, well that's the girl math,ignoring him to get attention "

Ghufran was no doubt concocting in his head ,he seemed weird lately, he himself didn't know what his mind was up to.

........................................

5 days after;

He just woke up, in a lazy manner,he made his breakfast. No doubt,Ghufran was a pretty good chef,cooking was kind of his hobby .When he was around 12, he loved to bake cookies and cakes with his mother,little Ghufran in his pajamas would sit beside his mother at the kitchen shelf examining her baking,he was always delighted by his mother's moves,so in less passage of time he loved baking cookies.It was 12 February, kind of moderate temperature, his mother's death anniversary. He went closer to the wardrobe, wore a casual suit , sprayed cologne and went towards the kitchen to bake cookies.Sun was about to rise, he held his mother's photo,where he was around 7 and a fetching lady with lavender floral dress held Ghufran's hand.She seemed young and beautiful. He wanted to weep , sob so bad but he couldn't,he took control over slipping emotions and started baking cookies with forced smiles.Silence itself was screeching while he was eating alone at the table. When he was done,Ghufran lowered his suit tie and almost un wore it, he felt slight dizziness. Sun was rising which habitually made his hazel siren eyes somewhat shine . Whole apartment was covered with glass apertures and small transparent windows which enlightened the apartment with sunshine. He was laying in the couch with silent mind,suddenly a glimpse came in his head,her brownish blonde hairs, ocean green eyes and widened ignoring smile,he suddenly went up,

" What's wrong with me,stop it Ghufran,you can't imagine that creepy little thing in this time of morning "

"  Why can't i just get her off my mind,i have feelings of hatred,i can massacre that little thing,but why the hell from last night I'm distracted ,stupidity of my mind" He rubbed his messy hairs.

" Her daunting eyes , are they the problem creators ? " He visualised.

Within few seconds,a sudden layer of lethargy hit him and he was asleep at that couch, unconscious of everything his mind was jammed with.Maybe he was badly drunk that he lost his senses, he wasn't in love with her , it was the heavy dose of the alcohol,nonetheless he would never learn a message or quit the bad habit.