Chapter One(Rian/Alex)

The low hum of the fluorescent lights above illuminated the breakroom in the ER as Rian and Jack sat at the worn-out table, unwrapping their sandwiches. It had become a routine for them to take their breaks together, a welcome reprieve from the hectic chaos of the emergency room.

"So, any exciting plans for the weekend, Jack?" Rian asked, taking a bite of his sandwich.

Jack chuckled, shaking his head. "Actually, my buddy Zack is dragging me to this big fundraiser and beach cleanup at the harbor. Not exactly my idea of a wild weekend."

Rian raised an eyebrow, a sly grin forming. "Funny you mention that. My best friend Alex has been talking about the same event. He's been single for nearly a year, and I think he is trying to go to one of these different events to see if he can find somebody. I personally think he needs a nudge back into the dating scene."

Jack laughed, taking a sip of his coffee. "Well, Zack's been single for a while too. Maybe they could hit it off."

Rian leaned back, contemplating the idea. "You know, from the few times, you have mentioned, Zach, or talked about him,from what I gather, he and Alex would get along famously."

Jack nodded, an amused expression on his face. "I can totally see that. From what you tell me, They've got similar vibes. Alex is insanely creative and super into music just like it seems like Zack is... How about we set them up on a blind date of sorts this weekend? Maybe we do an accidental Meet Cute at the fundraiser?"

Rian grinned, liking the idea. "That could be fun. Let's play matchmaker!"

As they continued discussing their plan, Jack pulled up a picture of Zack on his phone. "Check this guy out. This is Zach. Does he seem like Alex's type?" he said, showing Rian a Snapchat that Zack just sent him from the gym.

"Holy shit. Your mate is ripped." Rian laughed.

Jack shook his head and rolled his eyes playfully,
Thinking of his best friend. "I know... he literally goes to the gym for three hours a day three times a week. I mean he's literally at the gym all the time because his job is literally a CrossFit instructor but..."

Rian laughed. " But answer your question, Muscular, tattooed, short hair is completely Alex's type. Alex would literally be weak in the knees I think seems sad. Especially if we got him shirtless at the beach like you're talking about. Oh yeah... I guarantee you Alex will spot him across the beach."

Jack laughed, nodding in agreement. "Almost a damn near guarantee that Zack will be shirtless.... that man literally never wear shirts. Unless he has to." Jack said playfully.

Rian pulls out his phone, to show Jack picture of his shaggy haired, brown eyed, best friend," this is Alex, he's had the same haircut since we were 15, but he rocks it all the same. He's a little rockstar at heart, he has a job at his dad's company, and their shipping department. But he does play open mic nights all the time."

Jack's grin widened. "A rockstar sensitive type? With a big brown eyes and hair like that? Zack will not know what hit him. I'm not even kidding you, this will be love at first sight for Zack.This might just work. Let's give them a little nudge and see what happens."

As they finished their lunch, the two nurses schemed, forming a plan to orchestrate the blind date at the harbor cleanup. Little did Zack and Alex know that their friends in the ER were secretly plotting to bring them together, creating a spark that could potentially ignite something special.

- - -

The sun dipped low on the horizon as Alex and Rian made their way towards the bustling beach, the sound of waves crashing against the shore filling the air. Alex turned to Rian with a grateful smile, "Thanks for coming with me, Rian. I've been itching to get more involved in the community, and since Dad's company is sponsoring this, one of us had to show up today."

Rian chuckled, putting an arm around Alex's shoulder. "No worries, buddy. I'm glad to spend the day with you."

As they joined the crowd around the organizers' table, grabbing T-shirts and supplies for the beach cleanup, Rian's eyes spotted Jack and Zack a little distance away.

Alex nudged Rian gently, nodding towards Zack "See that guy over there?" he asked.

Rian grinned, realizing the wheels were in motion. "Yeah, what about him?"

"He's really hot," Alex admitted, blushing slightly.

Rian chuckled, playfully nudging Alex back. "Looks like he came with my coworker Jack! The guy I was telling you about that has become my Work bestie because we've been training together?"

As the two pairs drew closer, Jack and Rian introduced Zack and Alex to each other. A spark ignited between Zack and Alex as they exchanged smiles and pleasantries.

With a subtle suggestion from Rian, the four of them decided to team up for the beach cleanup. As they strolled along the shore, the atmosphere grew increasingly playful. Zack and Alex found themselves alone as Rian and Jack were giving them some space. Alex and Zack were flirting, and being playful as they cleaned up the beach.

Zach teased, "So, tell me about you. Are you single?

Alex blushed. "Well, yeah, it's been a while."

Zach grinned, a playful glint in his eye. "That's a shame. Someone as charming as you should never be single."

Alex chuckled, feeling the warmth of the compliment. "Flattery will get you everywhere."

As they picked up trash and chatted, Zack and Alex's connection deepened. The conversation shifted to personal interests, shared passions, and a comfortable sense of humor.

With a mischievous twinkle, Zack suggested, "How about we take a break from cleaning and enjoy the sunset together?"

Alex agreed with a smile, and the two of them wandered off towards the shoreline, leaving Rian and Jack behind.

Watching them go, Rian turned to Jack, a satisfied grin on his face. "Well, looks like our plan worked."

Jack nodded, equally pleased. "They seem to be hitting it off. Good call, Rian."

As the sun set over the harbor, Rian and Jack continued their cleanup, content in the knowledge that they had played a part in bringing two potential soulmates together..