When this person furrowed their brows, especially when tears welled up in their eyes, and the warm tears landed in his palm, their physical contact elicited a response, making Ji Lianyun feel like he was truly touching the other person.

There was still a lingering sting on his earlobe from where Tang Ning had bitten him.

Ji Lianyun hadn't revealed what he had felt when Tang Ning bit him, but in that moment, he felt a surge of emotions, as if everything was falling apart. He could see various emotions swirling in those transparent black eyes, and he even felt like leaning in to lick those eyes that looked so captivating.

Ji Lianyun withdrew his hand, suppressing those troubling thoughts. He took a deep breath and asked the question he was most concerned about: "Why did you try to hang yourself just now? Did something happen that made you want to end it all?"

Hang himself?

Tang Ning looked around at the other players, wanting to know what had just happened. However, all the players who met his gaze quickly averted their eyes.

Feeling a bit bewildered, Tang Ning turned back and realized that when he looked at someone, Ji Lianyun followed his gaze to that person as well.

"I didn't want to hang myself. I saw a ghost," Tang Ning said, his voice still trembling at the mention of the word. Fear, like a cobweb, enveloped him, but leaning against Ji Lianyun gave him a sense of security. "The ghost was trying to hang me."

As Tang Ning spoke, he glanced at the surrounding players once again. Finally, one of them spoke up: "We didn't see any ghost. We only saw you trying to hang yourself, and we tried to stop you."

Upon hearing this, Tang Ning suddenly understood. He must have encountered a ghost's illusion, similar to hitting a ghost wall. If Ji Lianyun hadn't saved him, he would have met the same fate as Han Yunian.

So, was Tang Xianheng's death also the result of encountering a ghost's illusion?

If so, why did Tang Xianheng prepare himself, dressing in burial clothes and arranging his marriage, as if he had foreseen his own death? Why did he specifically instruct his descendants to bury his body within seven days?

It was as if he had prepared for his death as if he had foreseen it long ago.

Tang Ning pondered for a moment, but his mind was too exhausted to think clearly. He closed his eyes and leaned against Ji Lianyun's chest. Ji Lianyun held him and whispered softly, "Don't worry, I'll be with you."

With Ji Lianyun's reassuring promise, Tang Ning did feel a sense of relief. Ji Lianyun continued, expressing his concern: "You should go back and rest now. Tonight, we'll keep vigil."

By now, the incense in the mourning hall had burned out, leaving only Ji Lianyun, who knew whether someone was human or ghost, to restrain the spirits. However, when Ji Lianyun said this, no player dared to voice any objections.

Supported by Ji Lianyun, Tang Ning rose to his feet. Both of them were in a weakened state, and Tang Ning worried that if they walked back alone, they might encounter another ghost wall. If Ji Lianyun passed out again, he wouldn't have the strength to escape.

[System, what time is it now?]

Tang Ning intended to check his phone, but it had run out of battery and shut down.

[It's midnight.]

Indeed, hitting a ghost wall had consumed a lot of time.

Tang Ning extended his fingers toward Ji Lianyun's lips and whispered softly, "Can you lick it—"