Chapter 22

When I arrived in London, I stayed in a luxurious inn. To my surprise, Princess Drouchka was easy to find. Everybody knew her in the capital. Her cannibalistic nature didn't seem to bother the Londoners as they seemed to adore her.

However, I had great difficulty in meeting her face-to-face, although I did follow her like a shadow for many events. Tired of spying on her, I sent a letter requesting a meeting with her, specifying who I was. An hour later, I was summoned to meet her.

I showed up in my most beautiful royal outfit, a silver-colored shirt and trousers which was embroidered with black diamonds. I applied eyeliner around my blue eyes and also put on some lip gloss. I looked terribly handsome. I kept my sadness in my heart though. So please don't judge me for a bit of lip gloss, ok?

She received me in her beautiful castle that was built entirely with ivory. A real little marvel! The interior was even more impressive. All the furniture were made of crystals and there were mirrors hanging on every wall.

A servant accompanied me to the room where she was waiting for me. When I saw her, my eyes widened. Oscar was right, she was astonishingly beautiful. I couldn't see her face clearly earlier because of a mask made of gold that covered her mouth and a hand fan that she was using.

While looking at her in close quarters, I realized she was tall. Impressed, I bowed before her. She was sitting high up on a chair. A good twenty steps separated us. A little spark of admiration shone in her eyes. She found me handsome.

I looked at her closely. She had beautiful ginger hair that stunningly contrasted with her extremely pale complexion. It was a shame she had her hair tied up in a ponytail. Her oval face housed sublime dark-green eyes, a thin nose, and a lovely pink mouth that resembled a flower bud. Her lemon-yellow dress wonderfully highlighted her generous curves, and her emerald jewelry enhanced her beauty even more.

How could my moron grandfather have rejected her? It was not his arm that I should have ripped off, but his eyes that I should have gouged off! What's the point of having eyes if we don't let ourselves be seduced by what is in front of us?

"Welcome, Prince of Porcyland!" She greeted me by bowing her head. "I'm very happy to meet you."

I froze. Her hoarse voice was quite amusing.

"The pleasure is all mine, princess."

Astonished, with lips slightly opened, she stared at me for a moment, then said, "Your voice is melodious; you are as handsome as your grandfather!"

Why did I have a sudden feeling of being insulted, when she meant to pay me a compliment? Don't believe her! My moronic grandfather is not handsome. There is no resemblance between us at all! End of discussion!

"To what do I owe the pleasure of your visit?"
I went straight to the point. "I came to ask you for a favor." "A favor?" She frowned.

"I need you to liberate me from my long life. I wish to die!"

There you go! Everything was said. Her beautiful face became bright red with anger, but it still remained beautiful.

"Who told you I could do that?"
"My cousin and master, Oscar, told me."

An expression of joy appeared on her face for a second. Then her face transformed and she gave me a serious look.

"Why would I do you that favor? Aren't you the grandson of the man who broke my heart?"

I thought of a marvelous answer. "We have something in common. You and I have had our hearts broken. Since I saw you, I haven't stopped cursing my grandfather for his blindness. It's a crime that he didn't marry you. You are such a beautiful woman."