Chapter 37

Sobbing his heart out, Rudy was sitting on the bed. I tried to take him in my hands, but he pulled away.

"Please, Rudy, come into my hands, I have to talk to you."

"Not even in your dreams! I followed you and I saw both of you naked! You love him now!"

He then collapsed onto his stomach and started sobbing. My heart sank.

"I turned into a crow because of what he did, and you, instead of helping me, you are cosying up with him! I trusted you, I walked into the light to be with you and here I am, imprisoned in the body of a crow for eternity. Why are you making me suffer, Robinson? If you didn't want me, you just needed to tell me and I would have died so that you could be happy with someone else. Remember, I loved you so much that I came to you once to offer myself as a meal. I would do anything for you. But you? You betrayed me, Robinson. It hurts."

Her words were a slap on my face and a kick on my butt. She was right. I betrayed her with my indifference and false promises. It was with her that I had experienced true love. She was the essence of my life, the reason for my reincarnations. Without her, I was only an empty shell. I fell on my knees. The feeling of guilt filled my heart. I did not have the right to make her suffer. Tears were falling down my cheeks.

Making a pact with the enemy, I abandoned her in the human world she didn't know. After a while, having pulled it together,

I got up, took him in my hands, and sat on the bed. He hid his face with his wings. I caressed his head.

"I'm sorry, Rudy, I've made you suffer. You are too good for me. I don't deserve you. I never did." He stopped sobbing and gazed at me astonished. "Time presses. I came to say that I'm going to face some powerful creatures."

His face showed fear.

"No, no! Don't fight! You're a girl now! You may die. Unless ... are you still a cannibal? Does your mouth still get bigger and have sharp teeth like it used to be?"

"I don't think so!" I said, perplexed.

Knowing her, I should have been on my guard. Turning away from me quickly, she made a hole in her stomach with her beak and managed to coat my lips with her blood by flapping her wings. This caught me off guard. Her blood electrified my senses. In a fraction of a second, my eyes became hot and red. My mouth got bigger and my teeth became as hard as steel.

I stood up from the bed, overwhelmed by an extraordinary strength. The same I had had when I was Robinson, the most dangerous predator. The one whose monstrosity made even Princess Drouchka turn pale.

I had to act quickly. Gwendolyn lost a lot of blood and was unconscious. I put a bandage around her belly. Then I licked all the delicious blood spread on the mattress.

Now, I had no other choice than to kill Cesar that very night to save Gwendolyn. I put on a T-shirt and trousers. I stored Gwendolyn between my breasts, then made myself invisible. I appeared inside Cesar's parents' castle. My bad luck, I appeared in the toilet where someone had just done their business. It stank!

Still invisible, I passed through the doors and appeared in a large room. A magnificent portrait of Cesar was hanging on the wall. It was his bedroom. Curious, I searched his wardrobe and drawers and found what I was looking for—the photo of Marjolie. She was pretty, but not as sexy as me. Reassured, I put the photo back and left the room.

Thankfully, I was invisible, because I almost bumped into a huge stinking rat, nearly two meters tall. It was heading towards a noisy room with a plate of cheese in its hand. Holding my breath, I followed him and entered a harem! Pretty Russian princesses were imprisoned with straps on their feet. Some of them were eating cheese, while others were crying.