34.

Wes

"Mr brown. Happy to hear from you." I look around at the boys sat at my kitchen table. The three of them expectantly waiting for the conversation to continue.

"Not as happy as I am Hartley."

"I'm hoping our dinner tonight will go in a good direction." He states

"I hope so too."

"I've booked us a reservation at Sette for eight. Does that work for you?" I question.

"Sounds perfect."

"Do me a favour though, extend that reservation for two, to four. I'm bringing my wife." He says.

"Will do." Anything to make this man say yes to the deal. Don't really want to be dealing with him anymore.

"Who's the fourth?" I question looking to the boys. They're all confused. Eyebrows knitted together.

"A little birdy told me you have a girlfriend." He says smugly. I can tell he's smirking.

"Who?"

"I asked your father some things about you. He was happy to divulge some details."

Fuck him.

"Right." I say through gritted teeth.

"I'd love for you to bring your girlfriend. It would be a nice little evening, us and our mrs."

"It would. Unfortunately my girl won't be able to make it tonight. She's out with a friend." I lie. There's absolutely no way I'm dragging her into this.

He tuts.

"That's unfortunate." He starts

"The Mrs was excited to have another girl to chat with whilst we discussed important matters."

"She won't be happy now. And when the wife's not happy, I'm not happy." His voice is almost threatening. Only slightly.

"Mr brown—"

"I think my wife would really appreciate it if you found a way to get your girlfriend to come to dinner. I would too. In fact, I'd be more inclined to come to this dinner. Think I'd be more reasonable too when we discuss business."

I can see what he's doing. He's trying to use the little power he thinks he has. Knowing I need his product, need this meeting. He's trying to force me into a corner because he thinks he's got more power than me.

Well he doesn't know shit.

"I'll see what I can do. Mr brown." I lie

"Good lad."

"Give me a ring at three to let me know. The Mrs is going to need hours to get ready. I except your girl will too." He laughs. Thinking I'm going to do whatever he says out of desperation.

"Will do."

"Bye Wes." He says ending the call before I even have a chance to say goodbye.