23.

Sage

I quietly creep downstairs to the kitchen, not wanting to wake anyone up. It's early, about 7am. Last night all of us minus Francesca who decided to stay with Luca's grandparents that live ten minutes away, went clubbing.

It was a very fun but wild night. We all got absolutely fucked off our heads. I faintly remember Vee and I clambering onto a table and dancing on it. The rest of the people in the club watching.

"Let's get down before we get kicked out." I shouted drunkenly over the music, laughing as I proceeded to get down.

"Luca's parents own this club. We won't!" Vee informed me. As she stopped me from getting off.

I just giggled, nodding my head, straightening back up, continuing to dance.

That being said, the hangover is unbearable and I'm in need of water. As I enter the kitchen I see Kane sat at the table, book in hand. He's reading, The art of reading minds by Henrik Fexeus.

He looks up at me, smiles warmly.

"Morning."

"Morning." I smile back, opening the fridge and grabbing a water. Immediately chug it down.

"Hungover?"

"Violently!" I laugh holding my forehead that's pounding as I lean against the counter. Facing Kane.

"Wait— how are you not hung over?" I blink confused at how he looks so put together and ready for the day after drinking and partying all night. Not even a hair out of place on that head of his.

He shrugs with a smirk. "I know all of the tricks to stop you from getting hungover. It's all to do with the mind." He taps his head, all illusive and mysterious.

"Care to share?" I laugh

He squints his eyes at me playfully. "Not just yet. I've got to really know you before I reveal my secrets."

"Oh sorry wise one!" I joke, holding my hands up in the surrender position.

He laughs shaking his head, puts his book down and stands to his feet.

"One thing that isn't a secret is that any hangover needs a good breakfast to start shifting it away." He opens the fridge, takes out bacon, some spinach, tomatoes and mushrooms. And then grabs the cartoon of eggs on the side.

"This'll do it." He says to himself as he grabs the pan, springing into action.

He starts chopping up the spinach, mushrooms and tomatoes finely. Whilst he does so I grab the olive oil from the side and walk over to the pan on the stove. I pour a little in and then grab the bacon and open it. I motion to put the bacon into the pan but Kane sees me from the corner of his eye and walks over gently taking the bacon away.

"I think it's best you sit and watch. I don't want you suffering 30 degree burns from frying bacon. Wes would shoot me." He jokes poking fun at my awful cooking skills. I toss him a look, playfully pushing him.

Following instruction I walk over to the opposite counter, pull myself up so I'm sat on it. Legs dangling as I watch Kane cook.