12.

Wes

I'm unable to think about anyone but her. Which isn't completely out of the normal seeing as she's been on my mind, a recurring thought since meeting her all those weeks ago. But now it's different.

Now I know her. At least a little more than I did. And she's perfect. She's so unbelievably perfect I felt like I had to pinch myself the entire time last night to see if I was dreaming because how is she real? How does a perfect girl like her exist? One that's kind and funny and cares to ask deep questions but also knows boundaries.

One that can defend herself if she needs to and one that's so smart she can probably identify every bone in the body in alphabetical order whilst telling you three unknown facts about what you're eating and how that can help or ruin your body.

She has such a calming presence. You feel it almost immediately. It's what I felt last night. It's what made me feel comfortable enough to open up to her a little last night. No one has ever made me feel that way.

There was undeniably a connection there. We just have a spark. It feels so easy, so oddly perfect. Conversation flowed, nothing was too awkward or full on. It was all just peaceful and relaxed.

That's what I need. In this crazy life of mine. I need peace.

The whole dinner date has replayed in my head millions of times since I dropped her home. I've also been trying to piece together this mystery that is her life and I think I've gotten somewhere.

I know drug dealer money when I see it. The flashy car, the gated house, the security, the personal driver that I'm sure acts as a bodyguard too, the overprotectiveness. It all adds up. I don't know why it took so long for me to connect the dots but I did.

It's exactly how I grew up more or less. My childhood home had the same. The security, the big black gates to keep people out, the bodyguard tailing my brother and I place to place. The only thing I missed out on having was my dads overprotectiveness. Of course he was protective of us, but it never felt like it was in a loving way.

Just felt like it was how he should act so he did. I think he was more overprotective of his business and keeping that empire running than he was of us and our safety. He only cared about our safety in terms of his business. Didn't want us dying because then who would take over?

I'm surprised if I'm honest that I didn't hear more about her brother. But then again in this business there's territories, and you don't hear about other rivals unless they encroach on yours.

Either way I don't consider him so much as a rival. He hasn't caused the business a problem and him and Sage have most likely lived here for years. So I really don't see any harm. I'm sure we can come to some level of respect.

I'm debating wether I tell her I know or let her tell me in her own time. After all there's a good reason why she hasn't shared this. Why she's so secretive. I respect that, so I'll wait until she's ready.

"Is that okay Wes?" Luca asks interrupting my thoughts. I momentarily forgot where I was. That I was in the middle of a meeting about the business with the boys.

"Huh?" I blink, snapping back into reality.

"Leaving for Italy in three weeks. Is that okay?" He repeats