Chapter 14

The group was traveling for a very long time, trying to be careful as they approached the area. They saw a bunch of zombies up ahead.

"Shit.. There's so many.. What are we going to do?" Liam asked.

"Fuck.. I didn't think it would be that many.." Ryan added.

"Should we turn back?" Maya asked.

"We made it this far, I'm not turning back, no matter what we're going to die so we gotta at least try." Jack informed them.

Ryan nodded and looked at the map. "Okay the flower should be over in that direction, so we gotta split up, we'll go this way and you guys go that way, we'll grab that flower and we'll all meet back over here okay?" Ryan spoke and everyone got their weapons ready and started going in their directions, trying to stay close to one another and also having their weapons ready.

Ryan and his group started running when zombies started coming, Ryan and then started shooting at them trying to get through, which was getting the attention of more zombies. They were doing their best to fight them all, but it was too many. Ryan started screaming with his group.

Liam and his friends heard them screaming. "No.. no.." Liam was about to run after them but Elena grabbed his hand to get him to stay put. She shook her head as her eyes filled up with tears.

"If we go towards them we'll get killed too; we have to keep moving."

"We can't just leave them to die!"

"It's to late Liam, we have to protect ourselves." Jack sighed.

Liam pushed his hair out of his face in frustration. He hated this. He finally had people he trusted and that helped them a lot and now they were gone. "How are we going to get through these zombies!" He had no idea what the plan was.

Maya sighed knowing what to do. "I got an idea.. you guys head that way.. I'll get the zombies attention going that way." She pointed in each directions.

"What are you gonna do?" Elena asked.

"Do you guys trust me?"

"Of course we do! But I think—"

"Just trust me, my plan will work, go." Maya was stern for once. Everyone looked at her confused since they weren't use to her taking charge but they all nodded and started heading in the direction they need to go.

Maya took a deep breath and started running towards a group of zombies. She yelled at the top of her lungs which got a bunch of the zombies attention, and she walked slowly, so the zombies could catch up to her.

It was their chance, the rest of them started running towards where they needed to go, but then Elena saw Maya standing there, letting the zombies eat her. "Maya no!!" She yelled and Jack quickly covered her mouth.

"Shh!! You'll get the zombies attention! We can't go to her!"

"Oh my god.. That's what her plan was.. Bait.." Sophia came to the realization.

"No.. we shouldn't have let her go! Why did we let her go!" Elena cried and Liam pulled her into a hug as she hysterically cried. All of the men were trying to be brave and tough but they were on the verge of tears too. Elena and Sophia had tears going down their faces. Sophia was usually a tough girl but she couldn't hold back those tears.

"Come on, we gotta keep moving, we can't let Mayas death be for nothing." Jack informed and Elena nodded.

"Definitely not." They continued on as fast as they could. They came in contact with some zombies but it was an amount that they could handle. They were all using their weapons, shooting down those zombies and Elena shooting them with her bow and arrow. Eventually they got to the location and they found the flower. They quickly grabbed it and quickly made their way out of that risky territory. They continued to travel towards the lab and they sighed with relief when they saw it.

"Almost there!" Liam sighed with relief.

They were all relieved but out of nowhere Elena got jumped by one of the zombie animals, falling to the ground and letting out a scream. The animal was biting into her neck and Elena was letting out a painful scream.

"ELENA!" Sophia yelled and they all shot at the animal. Elena weakly pushed the animal off her and Liam knelt down beside her.

"Oh my god.. Oh my god.. Here!" He took off his hoodie and put pressure on the wound. "You're going to be fine! Guys go get Noah! He can help!""

"Liam.." Sophia started to speak.

"NOW!" He yelled.

They all listened and ran up to the lab as quickly as they could. "Don't worry, you're going to be okay..."

"Liam.. I'm not.." Blood was coming out of her mouth.

"Yes you are, don't worry, Noah will be here soon and he'll help you."

"Liam.. I'm dying.. But you're going to get that flower and save so many people, and that's all I wanted."

"No.. We're going to save the world together remember? We're going to see the world go back to normal, together."

"Liam.. Please.. Just listen to me.. I love you.. I've loved you for years.. I'm always going to love you.. But you're going to be okay, I know you will, you're so strong and such an amazing man, but please.. Don't be sad for to long okay..?"

Liam had tears going down his face and he put his forehead against hers and gave her so many kisses. "You're the best thing that ever happened to me.. I love you.." he cried and looked at her and saw she wasn't moving. "Elena..?" He got no response and immediately started hysterically crying. "NO!" He yelled hysterically.

Noah and his friends came back and saw Liam hysterically crying over Elena's lifeless body. Sophia covered her mouth and cried as well. Jack pulled her into a hug as she cried, and they all started to cry as well. Noah looked down, feeling incredibly sad.